Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default iTunes before the new one

G'day,

Wouldn't you expect "Software Update" to be able to notice that the software it's suggesting that you instal, does in fact NOT work with your current OS?

I'm running 10.4.9, and Software Update offered to instal the new iTunes... Sure, I said. Except - upon trying to open it after the instal, it tells me I need 10.4.11 minimum...

Can't be arsed updating the system, so I want to get hold of the previous iTunes...

What's the best server to find it on?

Cheers

cosmic
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

iTunes Downloads from Apple

They still host a whole bunch of different iTunes
    Computations: White MacBook 2.2GHz, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, various other PPCs
    Audiophilia: iPod touch 16GB with iPhone OS 3.0 for iPod touch
    Telephonics: iPhone 3G 16GB White on Virgin Free To V Cap $70

Curious... It's saying 8.2.1 was for "G3's".... and that it needs 10.4.10... I am guessing it's what I was running before the v9 upgrade... will try it out - though it says it's an "update"...

--

Wont instal cos of the newer version... have just copied over the older version from my back up drive... YAY for backups! (First time I've used the backup drive)
    Last edited by cosmichobo; 2nd October 2009 at 11:07 PM.
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Itunes doesn't have 'updates' AFAIK. The downloads are usually the same as the install .dmgs. I'm basing that around my experience that the few I've downloaded at certain stages have been, and the others have all been around the same size of 80-90mb.

pie and sauce with no remorse

Quote Originally Posted by liamhanigan View Post
    Indeed, although not by the use of a time machine, my super dupered backup saved the day...

The iTunes 8 download was indeed about 80mb... but as I say, it just said - cant instal due to a newer version.

I was actually spotlighting "iTunes" in order to find the new version and delete it, assuming I could maybe then instal the older version... when spotlight showed me the iTunes on my backup drive...

Backup is natural, backup is good, not everybody does it, but everybody should!
    pie and sauce with no remorse