Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default EyeTV 3.2 with iPhone App Support

I noticed that Elgato released EyeTV 3.2 today, and the big ticket feature is compatibility with their new iPhone app that lets you watch your shows over the internet, as well as schedule recordings and view the schedule.

The app costs $5.99, which I would have hoped they'd give away for free, but oh well. My big beef is that when I turn the option on and enable the MyTV account thing it says that my router is not compatible. But my router is an airport extreme...which I would have thought would be the most common router in a typical mac home? Anyone else tried it? You don't need to buy the app to turn that feature on in settings.
    iPhone developer & mac nut...
    Shifty Jelly

Seems to work for me with my Airport and iiNet Belkin router. Though the buffering is poor at the moment, it tends to stop and start. But it is a brilliant concept for around the home.
    Simon L.

works great, remote scheduling for $0 (about time)
    17" MacBook Pro core i7, 32Gig iPhone 3Gs, 32Gig iPad

I had to open port 2170 in my ADSL router for it to work, because that has a built in firewall. Found that after looking through their documents about how it all works.

I guess it's only $6 I'll buy the damn app. Curse you app store!
    iPhone developer & mac nut...
    Shifty Jelly