Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Where to buy Canon 450d?

Hi all,

Looking to buy a Canon 450d shortly.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a site that has good prices/experience?

Thanks.

B&H Photo is my favourite place for buying camera gear from. The 450D is only AU$770 inc postage to WA. They're based in the USA and are probably the biggest camera retailer in the world. Never heard of a bad experience from them. Only downside is warranty issues, I'm not sure how it works with Canon gear, but with Nikon (as far as I know), camera bodies only have warranty valid in the country of purchase, but lenses have world-wide warranty.

If you want someone local, Discount Digital Photographics are great and probably the cheapest in Australia - they can't match B&H Photo's prices most of the time though. Still very cheap and fast though.

i brought mine from our local camera house, as i was too impatient to get it shipped here.

B&H are great though, i am looking at buying a lens from them.
     Macbook 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB  Macbook Pro 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1 GB
    TV 160GB iPod Nano 2GB  iPhone 3G 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    Only downside is warranty issues, I'm not sure how it works with Canon gear, but with Nikon (as far as I know), camera bodies only have warranty valid in the country of purchase, but lenses have world-wide warranty.
    same deal with Canon..... although considering the price savings you could put the difference away in a bank account and use it to pay someone to repair it here if it ever did break or if it is serious enough,pay for shipping back to the US for repair under warranty. Either way you will either be ahead or break even. There is a risk but it ain't that big.

d-d also source gear from overseas but they will take care of any warranty issues you have for you so you at least have an AU address to ship to in case of failure.
    This opinion intentionally left blank.