Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Full Screen Firefox?

My partner (who doesn't mind Mac but is a PC user), is using Firefox fullscreen on our HTPC Win 7 PC. Working rather nicely. So of course I go to try use it on my MBP, to discover that there doesn't appear to be a Fullscreen option. Unless I'm missing it, but of course pushing F11 on a MAC either turns your volume down or show the desktop if you do it with the FN key.

Are you sure there's no Full Screen item in the View menu?

If not, then you can unbind expose from F11 and put it on some other key instead.

I don't think there is (at least I couldn't find it).

Tried on my wifes MacBook this morning (10.5.8, ff 3.5) and there is no menu option I could see and unbinding f11 from expose didn't do a thing.
    This opinion intentionally left blank.

I tried looking for this feature a while back, but it doesn't seem to exist. I was hoping it would be included in Firefox 3.5, but, it never came to pass.

I believe there may be some extensions available that will do the trick (again, this was from a while ago, so they may be now incompatible or removed from the Firefox website).

Unless I am missing something here , don't you just click on the little triangular box on the corner of the web page waaay down on the bottom right corner and drag it to the corner of the screen ?
    Shut down Firefox and it should remember this so everytime FF starts it automagically goes to full screen.

Stewie
    Lotsa Macs - PM's , G3's , G4's & Powerbooks - Love 'em
    ----------------

mitty, tell your partner that MacOS doesn't do Windows-esque full screen for anything, they're just going to have to get used to that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    My partner (who doesn't mind Mac but is a PC user), is using Firefox fullscreen on our HTPC Win 7 PC. Working rather nicely. So of course I go to try use it on my MBP, to discover that there doesn't appear to be a Fullscreen option. Unless I'm missing it, but of course pushing F11 on a MAC either turns your volume down or show the desktop if you do it with the FN key.
    I just did full screen of FF3.5.3 on my iMac OS 10.5.8 by just clicking on the Green Maximise button top left and it went to full screen with Dock visible or the entire screen (except Menu bar) if Dock is set to Hide. Clicking the Green nipple again returned it to its original size previously set by the bottom right resize corner.
    iMac 27" 3.2Gb with 32Gb RAM, 2Tb Time Capsule & Airport Express,
    iPod 5.5 30g, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad Mini
    Bruji the best cataloguing programs for Mac OS & iOS

The OP is talking about full screen, not maximizing his application window.

With the exception of a browser plug-in, the best you are going to be able to do is the oval button in the upper right hand corner of your FF browser. This is not true full screen but as close as you are going to get without a plug-in.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch