Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: New McLaren

Default New McLaren

Looks good, wonder if it will make it to Melbourne Motor Show?

McLaren MP4-12C | Car News | evo

I'm surprised by how "budget" it is... ~$300,000 (in the UK at least) is cheap for a car of this things class.
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

Interesting to see how it compares. Wasn't a fan of the Merc. Mac SLR. I suspect that the Mercedes brass softened what Mclaren intended the machine to be.
    I don't suffer insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Arrowz View Post
    Interesting to see how it compares. Wasn't a fan of the Merc. Mac SLR. I suspect that the Mercedes brass softened what Mclaren intended the machine to be.
    AFAIK Merc only has a share in the GP side of McLaren

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Nice it has room for a second person this time. Also amazed at the price. Wonder what I can get for a half used kidney in India these days?
    2013 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 15" 2.4/500GB, 2x 27" iMacs, iPhone 5 Black, several iPads.

hmmm.... i have to say i'm a little disappointed with the design. i think the designers were going for a "safe" design but it has ended up looking like a concept car from 20 years ago. needs a more agressive look. i even prefer the older design over this!
    pics or it didn't happen :P

Quote Originally Posted by sighclops View Post
    hmmm.... i have to say i'm a little disappointed with the design. i think the designers were going for a "safe" design but it has ended up looking like a concept car from 20 years ago. needs a more agressive look. i even prefer the older design over this!
    I do agree it looks a lot less aggressive, but boy oh boy for the price (if it really does land at around $300k) this is a SUPER supercar.

Let's see how long before the TopGear boffins get their hands on it.

I love the look of it...

2013 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 15" 2.4/500GB, 2x 27" iMacs, iPhone 5 Black, several iPads.

Jizz!!!
    17" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHz iPhone3G S⃣ 32GB Black 16GB iPod Nano Black Airport Extreme TV 160GB 16GB iPad 3G
    Canon 550D - 18-55 IS, 50mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    Nice it has room for a second person this time. Also amazed at the price. Wonder what I can get for a half used kidney in India these days?
    The F1 was a 3 seater!
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

Quote Originally Posted by Lutze View Post
    The F1 was a 3 seater!
    Really? I only ever noticed the front single seat. Are you telling me it had 2 rear seats???

As a driver you did not want to crash this with two passengers on board... you'd have to clamber over them to get out.

it had a seat either side of the driver slightly recessed
    iMac 21.5"| 13" MacBook Air | iPad 2 | Apple TV 3 | iPhone 4 | iPhone 4 | iPod HiFi | Drobo | 7D

Quote: "And if you’re wondering about the name, MP4 is the chassis designation of McLaren’s GP cars, the C denotes the new supercar’s carbon chassis, while 12 is how the car scores on the company’s performance register that uses a secret formula to compare cars, taking into account power, weight, emissions and aerodynamics."

I could have sworn its model designation is MP4-12CW. Where the W denotes Wank.

That's what I think of 'secret formulas'. Fucking marketing bullshit.
    Mac Pro 2.66GHz 13GB 2.75TB, iMac 21.5", Eizo S1921, Airport Extreme, Epson R2400, Nikon ED4000, JBL Creature II, EyeTV DTT, AppleTV, 4G Touch, iPhone 4.

So it does.

Man, google a video called "McLaren F1 delivery". An American couple video their acceptance of a F1 at the factory. Hilarity ensues.

What I would do for one of the F1 road cars!!! fkn drooool

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    So it does.

Man, google a video called "McLaren F1 delivery". An American couple video their acceptance of a F1 at the factory. Hilarity ensues.
    i wouldnt say hilarity ensues. I'd be pretty wowowowow about getting a super car like that too. i mean my wife wouldnt be a busty cheerleader, but im sure there would still be an aura of stupidity after the shock of taking the keys to a car like that.

I was pretty damn excited when i bought my car, a 2003 holden. In fact i got sore jaws from having a shit eater grin all day. So imagine that x10,000,000.

in fact, when i have the dollars for an awesome ride like that, ill film buying it just for you

Quote Originally Posted by W2ttsy View Post
    i wouldnt say hilarity ensues. I'd be pretty wowowowow about getting a super car like that too. i mean my wife wouldnt be a busty cheerleader, but im sure there would still be an aura of stupidity after the shock of taking the keys to a car like that.

I was pretty damn excited when i bought my car, a 2003 holden. In fact i got sore jaws from having a shit eater grin all day. So imagine that x10,000,000.

in fact, when i have the dollars for an awesome ride like that, ill film buying it just for you
    I'll wait.