Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    delux's Avatar delux is offline It helps to have a mirror in the room

Default Steve Jobs back to parking Benz SL illegally

I could sworn I have read very similar article a while back with the same picture. But they have worked in his liver transplant this time around.

I don't understand why he does this haha.

Surely he has his own reserved parking bay?

Maybe he has a disability parking permit?
    Alumimum iMac iPhone 4 Unibody Macbook

If i was Steve Jobs... I would properly be doing the same
    iPhone 3GS | 13" MacBook Pro | iMac G4 | Mac mini

what an arrogant fucker. I love it!!!

He's been parking in handicapped spaces for decades. Didn't Jean-Louis Gassée confront him about it and say something like, "oh I didn't realise the emotionally handicapped could park there as well."

Now that he's had a liver transplant he's entitled to obtain a sticker for his car so that he can park where ever the hell he wants - not that he needs it of course.

Of course there is a simple way to get this sorted out and it makes me laugh that they've not done it. Move the disabled bay one to the left or right and make the current bay CEO parking.
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

Any car in a disabled bay without a permit card/sticker should be trashed in the most annoying way possible.
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff3DMN View Post
    Any car in a disabled bay without a permit card/sticker should be trashed in the most annoying way possible.
    You might be right if they only gave disabled stickers to people that were actually disabled, instead of handing them out to fat people, sad people, and poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutze View Post
    Of course there is a simple way to get this sorted out and it makes me laugh that they've not done it. Move the disabled bay one to the left or right and make the current bay CEO parking.

That pic would most likely not be at Apple. It's more likely elsewhere?
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Personally, I don't think Jobs would be that much of a wanker. He'd have to know people would be snapping away and posting for the world to see.
    2013 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 15" 2.4/500GB, 2x 27" iMacs, iPhone 5 Black, several iPads.

Just a question of doubt for discussion: Have we ever had a picture of Steve in or near his car in a disabled spot? How do we know some other person with the same car is not parking there with their plates off, snapping, and leaving?

Why doesn't he just buy a tin of paint and paint over it with black, then buy white and write "S.Jobs Only. Park here & your car will be destroyed in the worst possible way" lol
    "When you kill a cow you gotta make a Burger"

That is the best sportscar ever made.. Nice one Steve.. Btw with all the health problems he has had maybe he has a permit
    Join the MacTalk Nike+ running group! Click Here

I'm more concerned with his belief that he dosen't require a licence plate..

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
    I'm more concerned with his belief that he dosen't require a licence plate..
    The reasons behind that are to do with his plate getting stolen so often. The are where the plate should be has a barcode instead.
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

Did he have a special plate?

The reasons behind that are to do with his plate getting stolen so often. The are where the plate should be has a barcode instead.
    I wonder what it was 'JOBSRULZ'?

Why would they steal his plate? If it was a custom plate then why not just get a standard issue random number one instead!

As far as I remember the barcode is actually nothing to the licensing authority, it is actually a Mercedes sticker, most SL-class and some E-class have them behind the plate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast