Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walmart people

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Default Walmart people

This site deserves promotion.

We should start a similar one for Big W.

People of Walmart: a collection of all the creatures that grace us with their presence at Walmart, America's favorite store.

If you've ever been to a Walmart, you will appreciate this...
    2013 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 15" 2.4/500GB, 2x 27" iMacs, iPhone 5 Black, several iPads.

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

For some reason I cling to the belief that Australia has a better class of bogan

bicentennial celebrations, Sydney 1988
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

KMart is worse than Wallymart, once I had to buy Madden there as EB-GameStop ran out of copies and ghetto customers(boxers hanging out of their trousers) were talking like street thugs over which teams/players will get the shaft of incorrect EA-ized stats while waiting for an employee to fetch our games from the locked area.
    Best of all ghetto customers use Nextel(postpaid)/Boost Mobile(prepaid), they love their phones chirping with push-to-talk and talking in speakerphone mode so everybody around 'em can hear what they're saying

...in those situations, thank god I'm able to switch to a working class accent as I felt so out of place and embarassed of being there!
    /feels thankful the KMart location closed and became a Target
    at&t 3G speeds(Motorola Atrix): 2148 kbps down / 1483 kbps up
    Sprint WiMax Speeds(Motorola Photon): 9.1 mbps down / 1.8 mbps up
    "Every country has the government it deserves" -Joseph De Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrappy View Post
    KMart is worse than Wallymart, once I had to buy Madden there as EB-GameStop ran out of copies and ghetto customers(boxers hanging out of their trousers) were talking like street thugs over which teams/players will get the shaft of incorrect EA-ized stats while waiting for an employee to fetch our games from the locked area.
    Best of all ghetto customers use Nextel(postpaid)/Boost Mobile(prepaid), they love their phones chirping with push-to-talk and talking in speakerphone mode so everybody around 'em can hear what they're saying

...in those situations, thank god I'm able to switch to a working class accent as I felt so out of place and embarassed of being there!
    /feels thankful the KMart location closed and became a Target
    Have you ever been to Walmart? trust me, it's far far far worse than K-Mart. Maybe I should get into one when im there in a few weeks and take some pics of my own :P

Just remember, the US of A is home to so many trailer parks
    Last edited by drewbles; 31st August 2009 at 12:02 AM.
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Omg I have to get to walmart... So much to do, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Omg I have to get to walmart... So much to do, so little time!
    Nearest one to Brooklyn is out in New Jersey, mitty. Don't waste half a day. Honestly.

400 Park Pl
    Secaucus, NJ 07094

(201) 325-9280
    2013 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 15" 2.4/500GB, 2x 27" iMacs, iPhone 5 Black, several iPads.

I guess it's all subjective.

The UK chain that Walmart purchased is a grocery store called Asda. Between Asda and Tesco they tore up the "grocery" store template and now sell almost everything.

My old local Tesco was like rolling Big W, Coles, Target and Woolworths into one. And then doubling the size.

The biggest difference between the stores here and the ones in the UK is that instead of having 1 or 2 stores per suburb like here - in the UK you might have to drive 15 / 30 mins to get to it, though they often have free bus services, when you get there it's all things to all men, and women.

Tesco have a claim that if there is more than one person in front of you in line at the checkout they will open another one until they are all open. With 24 hour shopping it was fantastic for those people who didn't work 9-5 Monday to Friday.
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

I personally have no problem with Walmart, and on a previous trip to the States found my son's Nintendo DS there - for about $40USD less than I could buy it Duty Free.

My wife has/had a reasonable objection against them as they are considered one of the worst employers in the world. They devastate local retail when they open in a new town and virtually enslave the local workforce. But, hey, if you don't work for them you're on a winner!

Several towns and city's have held out against them....

Quote Originally Posted by drewbles View Post
    Have you ever been to Walmart? trust me, it's far far far worse than K-Mart. Maybe I should get into one when im there in a few weeks and take some pics of my own :P

Just remember, the US of A is home to so many trailer parks
    I don't know if I should be offended, you know I'm from the US and roughly where I live... we have Wallymarts and the 'trashy' status isn't like those photos yet. KMart is far far far worse as when Sears bought them(and sold off Lands End) they didn't care about selling anything. KMart turned into the ghetto Sears, there are far more KMart & Target nearby than Wallymart.

The closest Wallymart nearby is this one, only type of people I ever see is those idiots with Nextel/Boost chirping away on their phones.
    (617) 745-4390
    301 Falls Blvd
    Quincy, MA 02169

With all that said you're a typical yuppie, go enjoy NYC or other touristy places and believe the rest of the country is trailer trash.

Don't worry happyfrappy , you guys don't have the mortgage on bogans or trailer trash.
    We do a pretty nasty line here in Australia ( as do the Poms , Kiwis etc )
    You only have to visit a large mall or anyone of the stores mentioned above in one of the lower socio-economic suburbs of most major cities to see the shallow end of the gene pool.
    It is scary to see the " other half ".

Stewie
    Lotsa Macs - PM's , G3's , G4's & Powerbooks - Love 'em
    ----------------

I had the misfortune of visiting Northcote Plaza on a weekday last week.

Not something I want to repeat! Especially on a Thursday

I don't know if I should be offended, you know I'm from the US and roughly where I live... we have Wallymarts and the 'trashy' status isn't like those photos yet. KMart is far far far worse as when Sears bought them(and sold off Lands End) they didn't care about selling anything. KMart turned into the ghetto Sears, there are far more KMart & Target nearby than Wallymart.

The closest Wallymart nearby is this one, only type of people I ever see is those idiots with Nextel/Boost chirping away on their phones.
    (617) 745-4390
    301 Falls Blvd
    Quincy, MA 02169

With all that said you're a typical yuppie, go enjoy NYC or other touristy places and believe the rest of the country is trailer trash.
    Now I personally take offence to your last statement. I've spent a considerable amount of time in your country (or LOTFAP as I prefer to call it, Land Of The Feared And Paranoid).

Me? Yuppie? ha! I was referring to Australian K-Marts. Our K-Mart/Target stores are pretty different to yours. They used to be owned by the same company (Coles Myer back then).

And never assume anything. I never said you were one of the fat slags with their arse showing at a wallmart did I? No. And did I know you were from LOTFAP? no.

So, take your assumptions and consume them somehow. The time I've spent in the US has been awesome, and i've stayed at all kinds of places as I have friends accross the country. Sherman Oaks IL (20 odd miles out of Chicago), Florida, Atlanta, etc. I've not actually been to NYC (Except in an airport transit lounge).

Do you live in a trailer park? I think you must do, if I'm a yuppie you have to live in one.
    - Jeremy Clarkson

This opinion intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron View Post
    Sorry. Forgot my tongue-in-cheek disclaimer, much like the previous septic did too i'm sure
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by drewbles View Post
    Now I personally take offence to your last statement. I've spent a considerable amount of time in your country (or LOTFAP as I prefer to call it, Land Of The Feared And Paranoid).

Me? Yuppie? ha! I was referring to Australian K-Marts. Our K-Mart/Target stores are pretty different to yours. They used to be owned by the same company (Coles Myer back then).

And never assume anything. I never said you were one of the fat slags with their arse showing at a wallmart did I? No. And did I know you were from LOTFAP? no.

So, take your assumptions and consume them somehow. The time I've spent in the US has been awesome, and i've stayed at all kinds of places as I have friends accross the country. Sherman Oaks IL (20 odd miles out of Chicago), Florida, Atlanta, etc. I've not actually been to NYC (Except in an airport transit lounge).

Do you live in a trailer park? I think you must do, if I'm a yuppie you have to live in one.
    So you start off a post with that kind of term on a country eh? I don't view the US is a fearing country, your own country fears the internet and launches a national filter effort without opt-out which even blocks non-offensive sites. Enjoy your own little version of a Chinese firewall, careful you may get arrested for thinking differently too!
    Since you have a negative view of the US, why the hell do you keep visiting?

20 miles outside of Chicago and states past the Mason Dixon Line have wide gaps of income levels. Any reasonable person will take that as consideration, also as stated above Wallymart destroys local businesses and what is left often results in little choice. Take a good look in cities currently, big box electronics store Best Buy followed the Wallymart marketing sell as low as possible and smite as many regional/local stores then raise prices/sell lower end products(ex: Sony Bravia L-series). Try living in an area where there is just: Best Buy, Target, KMart and Wallymart... for grocery you're stuck in a monopoly situation(Shaws supermarkets in Boston, then specialty grocery stores like Trader Joes or Whole Foods depending upon the part of the city you're in). We have Asian markets which have finally broke the Shaws grip of the area, 15 years was a very long time for it to happen.

As far as living in a trailer park, if South Boston is classified as that in your viewpoint
    Keep living your life looking down upon people below yourself, karma is a bitch.

Bit OT cos we are talking about bogans and not thugs, but IIRC Arndale Shopping Centre at Kilkenny here in Adelaide was the first shopping centre in Oz to have a 24 hour Police Station.

Still doesn't stop people getting car jacked / robbed while loading their boot with groceries. The local Messenger rag has regular listings of incidents at Arndale. My wife refuses to stop there, or even visit the Greater Union cinemas there. She'd rather we drive another 30 minutes to Marion than risk getting bashed and robbed in the dimly lit carpark by one of the thugs.

In terms of bogans, I understand Elizabeth Shopping Centre takes the cake for having the most under-18yo single mums in the state wearing thier Fubu tracksuit pants and stolen white Nike's while driving beat-up commodore's with cracked bodykits and mis-matching rims. Lets not forget their bumper stickers - Sponsored by Centrelink...

| MacBook Pro 15" Unibody 2.4GHz | 4GB Ram | 320GB HDD @ 7200 | 8GB Green iPod Nano 3rd Gen | White 16GB iPhone 3GS |

So you start off a post with that kind of term on a country eh? I don't view the US is a fearing country, your own country fears the internet and launches a national filter effort without opt-out which even blocks non-offensive sites. Enjoy your own little version of a Chinese firewall, careful you may get arrested for thinking differently too!
    Since you have a negative view of the US, why the hell do you keep visiting?

20 miles outside of Chicago and states past the Mason Dixon Line have wide gaps of income levels. Any reasonable person will take that as consideration, also as stated above Wallymart destroys local businesses and what is left often results in little choice. Take a good look in cities currently, big box electronics store Best Buy followed the Wallymart marketing sell as low as possible and smite as many regional/local stores then raise prices/sell lower end products(ex: Sony Bravia L-series). Try living in an area where there is just: Best Buy, Target, KMart and Wallymart... for grocery you're stuck in a monopoly situation(Shaws supermarkets in Boston, then specialty grocery stores like Trader Joes or Whole Foods depending upon the part of the city you're in). We have Asian markets which have finally broke the Shaws grip of the area, 15 years was a very long time for it to happen.

As far as living in a trailer park, if South Boston is classified as that in your viewpoint
    Keep living your life looking down upon people below yourself, karma is a bitch.
    Dude, you really need a chill pill....

If you're this easy to rile up, i'd hate to see what you're like if I *tried* to work you up.

Anyway back on topic, great website (and Walmart is still worse than AU K-Mart).

Maybe I should consider moving to Frankston
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Rofl at the old man with breast implants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iJordie View Post
    Rofl at the old man with breast implants!!!
    hahaha, holy shit!

Dude got himself a giant pair of fake titties.

Dammnnnnn.

Don't care how bad those people at Walmart seem to be, you can't beat...

The 'Riff aka Penrith or Penriff if you're a local.

I'm talking about the centre near the stadium, as well as the general area around the Westfield and The World of Entertainment (Penrith Leagues Club). When I was in the RAAF, I was posted to West of Sydney. I remember one particular day when the local restaurant got a new chef from the CBD. He put on Risotto and I ordered it, my colleagues (who were all local) were shocked at the "sloppy fried rice" lolz.

Anyway, before I was posted out, I bought a yuppie (more so than I) friend of mine a shirt that said:

New York
    London
    Paris
    Penriff

Sadly he has never worn it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast