Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Snow Leopard in Sydney

Just purchased my copy at the Apple Store, Chatswood Chase. Status: Plenty of stock, for single and family pack copies. No queues.

Apple Store, Sydney status: Plenty of stock, relatively short queue times.

Post away with your own Sydney Snow Leopard purchasing experience!

Yes, I got mine there this afternoon (and a 13" MacBook Pro). The rep said they had sold about 3000 copies of SL today. More were due in around 4pm.

Got mine at the Sydney store today at around 12pm.
    Lined up for a whole 2 mins!!!

Mine was delivered to the front door some time between 11:30am and 3:30pm in St Marys.

All installed now, can see a speed bump on the Mac Pro....

God, Apple must think they are doing something right if they expect lines+out of stock for an OS.
    | iMac Alu.| 11-inch MacBook Air | iPhone 4S 64GB

got a single and family license pack from mac1 @ burwood ( i work in parra ) no lines, easy enough, sept the rep was pushing the 39 buck mobile me, and i just had no interest hey. Had a 60 day trial and it wasnt for me.
    Mac Mini 2.0ghz Intel 4GB ram (apple wireless keyboard/magic mouse) DroBo V2 Macbook PRO 2.33ghz Intel 3GB ram + 60GB SSD Imac G4 13inch 1.0ghz 1.25GB ram iPad 2 16GB Wifi AppleTV Gen2 iPhone 4 16GB iPhone 4S 16GB

My family pack was delivered before noon today. Installed it on both Macs (a late '06 MBP and an early '08 iMac) with no issues (aside from some minor app incompatibilities that are easily worked around), backed 'em both up and I'm ready to roll!

Ended up getting my copy from NextByte in Glebe/Broadway. That is after I went to Mac Academy in Bondi Junction this morning and was told they weren't allowed to sell it until 6pm tonight.... wonder how many they ended up selling???? They are f&*king useless in that store.

But now have it on two white MacBooks. No hassles
    Macbook Air 13" 1.8 GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD - MacMini 2.5 GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 60GB OZC SSD + 500GB HDD (Fused together)- 4g iPod 15GB (battery lasts about 1 song) - iPhone5 16GB - Airport Extreme - The OLD 'New' iPad 32GB

I walked in the Apple Store at 8:10am this morning and it looked no busier than normal, walked straight up to the counter, got my copy and left.

Very happy with it so far, even my Time Machine backup that was playing up before has picked up and continued working after the upgrade. (looks like TM has been updated a little too)
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

none of the shops in Miranda have stock. I went into Sydney to pick up a copy. Much easier, except for the hour train trip

Maybe I should have done a day trip to Sydney and the flagship store today!
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too