Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: Kids Computer

I bought my son his first mac. does anyone know good kids learning softwear ! It is a little 1mac about 4years old it has no softwear onit at this stage besides os9.2

Hi macarthy - you could try some of these titles, available from Streetwise in Hawthorn, VIC. I have several of them for my daughter, which she runs on an iMac G3 500mhz on OS 9.1. They are good value.
    twitter :|: mwot MT profile :|: mwot

Hi Mac,

My 5 y/o daughter uses my old G3 Blue Dalmation iMac, with regard to software try a company called Eureka Multimedia P/L.

www.eurekamultimedia.com.au

They are an Australian company I believe, and have heaps of different learning software for all ages,

ie

Numbers, Alphabet, Computer Skills and Puzzles, just to name a few.

It is both windows and MAC(the important one) compatible and will work on PPC 120Mhz and up.

My wife got the various titles we have at our local BiLo supermarket for under $10.00 per title.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

Hi McCarthy - I've got some reasonable stuff from this web site:

http://www.kidsdomain.com/down/mac/_...are-index.html

There is some rubbish there, but enough good stuff to keep the little nippers amused for hours......

Best Regards,
    iMac Core 2 Duo 24 " 4.0GB, 4TB Drobo , iPod Touch 16GB, Black iPod 5G+ 80 GB, 1GB iPod Shuffle, Mac Mini G4, AppleTv, AppleTV2, AirportExpress, AirportExtreme, 2 TB Time Capsule, 32GB White iPhone 3GS, 32 GB 3G iPad, MacBookPro 13" i5 2.3Ghz.