Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    yitzyf's Avatar yitzyf is offline Anything's possible, except skiing through a revolving door...

A localised Aussie weather widget, with really local weather direct from BOM website. Front Pic.

http://homepage.mac.com/rjsdev/DDUWidgetReadme.html

Proud owner of MacBook Pro Dual Core 2.0 GHz/2GB/100GB

yitzyf's Avatar yitzyf is offline Anything's possible, except skiing through a revolving door...

And here's the back:

Thanks I love it!

And a lot more accurate than the standard one.

Have you ever thought of building in weather alerts?

Like major storm warning alerts?
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20"
    iPod 5G 30GB | iPod nano 4GB | Apple TV 40GB | iPhone 3G 8GB

Excellent, finally Canberra weather that is not a few degrees or days off.

Cheers, now if you could just tap into the ABC's weather/time display on Northbourne.....

Are you looking for donations?
    Remember when Apple was the little upstart?

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression, but I didn't make this one! I found it on VersionTracker. I wish I could do something like that.....

Hi there. I'm one of the developers of this widget, along with my partner Warwick Emanuel. Thanks for the great reception, and the suggestions for improvements.

We're not after donations at this time. Maybe once it has a few more features...

Hi Robert,
    As I said before, great Widget. I was just having a look at your site and found the Address Book Plug Ins. Is there a chance you could make a Widget for driving directions/maps from whereis.com? That would be awesome if it could be done!

Hi yitzyf. Thanks for telling people about the widget - glad you like it.

A Whereis widget is a good idea, and Warwick and I would like to look at it if we ever get time.

We'd need to discuss it with Sensis, who run Whereis. They may have reservations about diverting traffic from their website.

Sensis already have their own Widget that doesn't do maps - just White Pages, Yellow Pages, News and Trading Post. Maybe if you develop it they'll put in some $$ to add it to what they've got already?

Good luck!

Street-Directory .com.au will soon have driving directions for Australia, like Map Quest in the US. That could be intergraded in a new widget, I would love that
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20"
    iPod 5G 30GB | iPod nano 4GB | Apple TV 40GB | iPhone 3G 8GB

Outstanding!
    Finally a local weather widget (with a more reliable data source&#33

Thanks mate!

Look forward to watching / hearing about future developments...
    like forecasts... min / max...
    icons (like in the official Mac loaded one)... etc etc.

mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

This has already been mentioned in another forum, but I thought I should add it here for completeness...

Version 1.0.1 of the Degrees Down Under Widget is now available for download at:

http://homepage.mac.com/rjsdev/.Publ...idget1-0-1.zip

Changes in this release are as follows:
    • fixed a bug which could cause the widget to crash when web pages were redirected, e.g. when connecting to a public wireless network
    • less likely that temporary files ending in ".png" will appear in a "Recovered Items" folder in the Trash following a log out or restart.
    • Universal binary now tested on an Intel iMac

Many thanks to the AppleTalk Australia members who let us know about the "Recovered Items" issue and helped with testing.

yaaaaaay! this is one of my all time favourite widgets

thanks guys!
    MacBook, iMac, iTouch
    Trades: landog, HDK, BiRDBRAiN, macdave, Mac Ram
    MacTalk Kiva Lending Team!

I dont know if it's a 10.4.5 issue, but my widgets are stuck on where it says "Loading..." so I went to activity monitor, and it's stopped responding, removed it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, same thing :\

any idea why?? (a persimmon issue?)

all this talk of widgets is making me want to get tiger.

Originally posted by mechcon@Feb 21 2006, 02:45 PM
    I dont know if it's a 10.4.5 issue, but my widgets are stuck on where it says "Loading..." so I went to activity monitor, and it's stopped responding, removed it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, same thing :\

any idea why?? (a persimmon issue?)
    I'm on intel and my update to 10.4.5 didn't impact the responsiveness of my widgets. I am logged on with Admin rights though???

im on an admin account (my own, and the only one on the machine) and i meant to say that all the rest of my widgets are fine, just the degrees down under one

Hi mechcon. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with our Degrees Down Under widget under 10.4.5.

I'm not sure what could be causing this. I'm on a similar system to yours (but with 1GB RAM) and the widget's working fine for me.

Are you using a web proxy of some sort? I know this has caused issues for other DDU widget users in the past. Or are you using some port blocking software like Little Snitch?

Otherwise, have you tried looking in your console.log file (via the Console application, normally stored in the \Applications\Utilities folder) for any messages that might give a clue about what's happening? Try starting Console first, then activating the Dashboard. If that doesn't give any messages, try reloading the widget (click on it in the Dashboard, then press cmd+R) with Console running.

Feel free to email me directly if you want to discuss this in more depth.

Cheers, Robert

ooh weee ooooh *mysterious tune*

well... its working now..... i swear the proxy server at work hates me, firstly its the safari issues (wont work with some sites) now this!?

by the way? i love the widget! most useful one out of the lot that i have running, bar the weather australia one, sysstat and of course the Lost game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast