Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default macbook pro sleeve - scratches

Hi all,
    I currently have the incase 13 inch neoprene sleeve for my macbook.
    However - I find that it's hard to slide the thing in and out without scratching it on the zipper. It's just a little bit too tricky.
    Anyone know of any other sleeves that don't use a zipper? Maybe a velcro wrap or something of the sort?
    Thanks in advance,
    G

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Moshi Codex. Best sleeve on the market. Uses a zipper but the zipper is well away from the case. Good padding etc. Only down side is the pricing is not cheap - you get what you pay for.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Moshi Codex. Best sleeve on the market. Uses a zipper but the zipper is well away from the case. Good padding etc. Only down side is the pricing is not cheap - you get what you pay for.
    +1 on the Moshi Codex... its well worth the price
    iPhone 3GS | 13" MacBook Pro | iMac G4 | Mac mini

Where can you get those? Does the Apple store sell them? The BuiltNY sleeves have a similar design floor, which is a shame because they are attractive and offer an excellent thickness of quality wetsuit material. I've been looking for scratches from it and haven't found any yet fortunately, even though I occasianally hear a scrape when putting it in.

i got mine from epowermac.com.au, $99 for the 13inch model. Used the promo code on their twitter page to get free overnight postage. Very happy with service and product they even gave me a little chocolate in the parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by simonm View Post
    Where can you get those? Does the Apple store sell them? The BuiltNY sleeves have a similar design floor, which is a shame because they are attractive and offer an excellent thickness of quality wetsuit material. I've been looking for scratches from it and haven't found any yet fortunately, even though I occasianally hear a scrape when putting it in.
    Yup - this sound is horrible...
    I think I'll be getting more scratches from this case in the long term than if it wasn't in a case.

Thanks for the current suggestions.

again, I think a wrap around type one with Velcro would be great. Zippers just seem to cause problems.

What about a hard plastic permanent shell?
    iPhone 5 | Macbook Pro 15" | iMac 27" | iPad 3
    www.cplicious.com

This sounds good, and I don't mind the price at all if it's a great product.
    Even though it says it's for the 13inch macbook - is it still a good fit for the new 13inch macbook pro? Thinking they could be the same dimensions anyway.

Also - any other place to buy this than epowermac, I'd like the red model

Quote Originally Posted by grifter View Post
    Even though it says it's for the 13inch macbook - is it still a good fit for the new 13inch macbook pro? Thinking they could be the same dimensions anyway.

I think epowermac is the one of the only stockist who carry them. check the apple website for dimension, I'm pretty sure the size is the same for the 13"MBP and unibody MB.
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

I bought mine directly from Moshi
    AEVOE

Quote Originally Posted by grifter View Post

Yes the 13 inch Macbook Codex will fit the Unibody's. If u visit the Moshi website, it says its compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by hamusta View Post
    i got mine from epowermac.com.au, $99 for the 13inch model. Used the promo code on their twitter page to get free overnight postage. Very happy with service and product they even gave me a little chocolate in the parcel.
    Would avoid these people. I ordered mine on the 15th of August, got an email on the 17th of August saying...

"Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your order. We are temporarily out of stock of the Moshi 13 CODEX cases, however we are expecting a new shipment to arrive in the next 10 days or so. As soon as the new stock arrives, we will process your order and ship it out to you via overnight freight.

We apologise sincerely for this delay, and any inconvenience that this may cause.
    Kind regards,
    Steve Fraser"

Its the 6th September and have not heard anything, and purchase expecting near immediate delivery. WRONG.

The Booq Vyper is a good case - I've had three in a row for my iBook, PB and MacBook. Very sleek, and tough as!

It has an all-round zip but there's an internal 'collar' that keeps it well away from the machine.

Rushfaster have them for about $55 (but are out of stock at the moment - I'm waiting on #4 for my new MBP 13" )

Quote Originally Posted by opilot87 View Post
    Would avoid these people. I ordered mine on the 15th of August, got an email on the 17th of August saying...

"Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your order. We are temporarily out of stock of the Moshi 13 CODEX cases, however we are expecting a new shipment to arrive in the next 10 days or so. As soon as the new stock arrives, we will process your order and ship it out to you via overnight freight.

We apologise sincerely for this delay, and any inconvenience that this may cause.
    Kind regards,
    Steve Fraser"

Its the 6th September and have not heard anything, and purchase expecting near immediate delivery. WRONG.
    I have to say that I've always experienced outstanding service from ePowermac so I don't think its the norm of what you should expect from them. Had about 5 orders with them, all exceptional service, all very fast delivery.

I have to say that I've always experienced outstanding service from ePowermac so I don't think its the norm of what you should expect from them. Had about 5 orders with them, all exceptional service, all very fast delivery.
    Well after sending them a please explain and not happy email they did reply early this morning to say they would look into it straight away. A couple of hours later they informed me that they ordered a case from an alternative supplier and are shipping it overnight. They also said that as I got free postage from the twitter code they would credit me with free postage if I make another purchase with them.

Would have been nice to be informed as to what was going on and not have to email them to ask where my products are, but I guess they certainly did make a big effort to rectify the situation. Although not really an excuse, but it did seem the centre of the problem was with one of their suppliers. Judging by past experience on here they seem to have fairly good service, so I would recommend that you email them about stock levels before a purchase beforehand, and if there is any delay, get in contact with them as they will let you know what is going on.

Ollie