Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink Apple Finally giving 15" Matte Option!

Not yet on the Australian Store, but on the US and several other sites it is available! Very Jealous, for those who get one! :P
    "When you kill a cow you gotta make a Burger"

Woah. My new laptop purchase just got a lot more likely in the near future. Nice spot Carl.
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

- Cicero (106BC-43BC)

As long as it's an option, you whiners can have your ugly matte screen as long as I can choose a glossy one.

I hate the look of the silver border and love glossy too, but choice is a good thing for all. A bit rough charging extra for it though

Funny that... I saw a 15" antiglare MBP a while ago at the Apple Store and I couldn't believe my eyes. Good to see a slightly less expensive option for an antiglare screen.

Excellent news...

I'll still probably wait for quad core MBPs to arrive, but at least I know I can get the base 15" now, rather than shelling out for a top of the line 17"...
    13" MacBook Pro retina: i5 2.5GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD; Mac mini: i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM Fused 240GB SSD and 500GB HDD; iMac: G4 17" 1.25GHz 2GB RAM 160GB HDD; iPhone 5 64GB; iPad mini 64GB LTE; Apple TV 3

So glad I didn't order a new 15" in the last few weeks now.

I'll hold on and see what the matte looks like at Chadstone, then order...
     MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz,8Gb,128Gb SSD  iMac 27", 16GB, 256GB SSD  iPhone 5,  iPhone 4S,  iPhone 4 32Gb  iPad 3 64Gb

This is very good news!

I do prefer the form factor of the 13" macbook and just the 8600GT wasn't enough to sway me towards the 15" but combine that with the much better matt screen and it's a no brainer.

When I replace my 13" inch unibody it'll have to be a 15" inch MacBook Pro
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

I'm the opposite I have a 15" MBP now (non-unibody) and I'd love to get the 13" MBP but there are just a few things that aren't upto scratch, one of them remains which is no matte option.
     MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz,8Gb,128Gb SSD  iMac 27", 16GB, 256GB SSD  iPhone 5,  iPhone 4S,  iPhone 4 32Gb  iPad 3 64Gb

I am seriously considering upgrading. My Macbook Pro is farrrrrked and no-one can find out what's wrong with it. It's lagging continuously. NextByte told me everything is A OK! They also told me that they used it for 20 hours to test things. Watching my MBP for a total of 20 hours hey? I'm surprised they didn't see the screen flicker. Angry.
    "When you kill a cow you gotta make a Burger"

I'd only consider two more features to make my 13" MBP the perfect laptop -
    • slightly more powerful GPU
    • matte display

Looks like I'll have these when I upgrade in a few years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Huy View Post
    $50 USD more.
    Surely, that's not too much to pay for a heavy sterling silver frame and an exquisite surrounding lip made from finest Brazilian caoutchouc...

Cheers
    Steffen.
    It's Unix, Jim, but not as we know it...

Better now than later. Though I have to admit the look of my 'mirror screened' macbook looks great, when under optimal conditions.
    2005 15" PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz (1st Mac purchased on the day iTunes AU opened!); 2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro (16GB RAM; Nvidia 750M); iPad 3rd Gen 64GB w/ cellular

For those interested, the upgrade price is AUD$80.

$80 is not bad, but I would like to see them offer it for the 13" as well.

Choice is always good. Interesting to see Apple backtrack on this.

I was disappointed when I ordered my new unibody 15" that I had to go gloss as it would not have been my choice.

However having used it for some months in lots of different environments for work and leisure I would not now have it any other way. I love the way the colour and contrast seem so much more intense.
    The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn.

I'm itching for someone to get their mitts on one of the new 15" mattes, so I can find out what panel is being used. If the rumour-mill is to be believed, it is another LG L-IPS 24-bit panel, similar to what powers the MBP17 mattes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brains View Post
    I'm itching for someone to get their mitts on one of the new 15" mattes, so I can find out what panel is being used. If the rumour-mill is to be believed, it is another LG L-IPS 24-bit panel, similar to what powers the MBP17 mattes.
    Yes, yes, yes.

This would be utterly superb.

The improved colour gamut is astounding, combine this with a Matte finish, and I'll look at upgrading.
    I am the tech savvy at-risk youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Yes, yes, yes.

This would be utterly superb.

The improved colour gamut is astounding, combine this with a Matte finish, and I'll look at upgrading.
    +1

I have both a Black MacBook and the last of the non-unibody 15" MBP's. I *hate* the screen on my Black MacBook. Above the fact it's hopeless in office environments with large amounts of Fluro lighting, it attracts dust like nothing else. I have to constantly clean it for the smallest smudge (I'm pretty anal about having a clean screen).

Apple, Thank you. I can buy your laptops again (when this one eventually gives up the ghost, not that it should anytime soon it's a brilliant laptop!)
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast