Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default MacBook Pro (Early 2008) case replacement?

My MacTalk friends,

I am a particularly clumsy person, and sometimes my MacBook Pro gets taken out of it's case - I think you all know where this is going...

To keep things short, what are the case replacement options/prices for my Early 2008, 15" MacBook Pro? I'm looking at replacing the upper and lower case plus the (glossy) display and display shell, depending on cost of course!

Everything still works beautifully but I would like to have my MacBook Pro looking all shiny and new again! I'm happy to replace myself, but definitely would prefer to send it out somewhere...

Does anyone have a particular place they'd like to recommend?

P.S. I have searched for similar topics on the forums but haven't found a whole lot, so my apologies if I have been another reposter.

It is going to cost you easily more than the actual worth/retail price of the MBP to replace all those parts!

Unless you can source secondhand parts, you might as well buy a whole new unit than replace certain parts.

If you send it elsewhere, they (authorised Apple tech) are relunctant to do it with non-Apple purchased parts.