Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Delivered tomorrow according to fedex so I will know then!

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    You still get charged duty and GST if its gift wrapped, its based on the value of the goods.

If you undervalue, you risk losing if it goes missing in the post. Custom's scan all goods so its not like they won't know its a laptop.
    my mate purchased 5 sony vaios from the US for 1,300 each when they cost around nearly 3k here at the time. the guy who sent it put its value on the parcel stating its total value is $999 and he recieved it in a week with no tax. but its a bit suss for customs as they can catch you if you do this on a regular basis to the same street address. but if you just order one thing for personal use i guess its highly unlikely they will open the box to check the value (unless it has narcotics or ninja stars ).

Nice deal! So which one was is that was new then for AUD2849? One of the Ebay ones?

That's a pretty good price.

yeah the original one i posted, i made an offer and got it after haggling a bit. Again im still sitting here with crossed fingers ill know by tomorrow or tuesday at the latest if its all good!

it arrived today, im loving the screen real estate, im very happy with the purchase, thinking i got a bargain!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukemc View Post
    it arrived today, im loving the screen real estate, im very happy with the purchase, thinking i got a bargain!!
    Did you have to pay any import duty or GST on entry?.

Nice one lukemc! I think that's a great bargain. Definitely making the next MB look very buy-able soon!

Edit: I just went through to the Ebay link and it's seems there's more.. so much cheaper than AU pricing. I really wonder how they do it.

NEW Apple Macbook Pro 2.8GHz 2.8 GHz 17" MC226LL/A 4GB - eBay MacBook Pro, Laptops, Apple, Computers. (end time 28-Jul-09 09:43:32 AEST)

hmmmmmmmm lets just say i was very happy

I dunno how they do it, not much margin i guess. My price worked out to be just off $100 less than shelf price in the US once it was converted. The there was postage.......

Hey Luke, did you work out if Apple AU would give you support if you hadn'y got the extended warranty yet?
    Also you got the model without anti-glare I suppose? Do you think you will buy an anti-glare protector?

i registered it and then checked my warranty status online and it says its covered, ill be buying applecare anyway really.

I love the screen so not too worried about the anti glare, i suppose if given the option i might have purchased it with the anti glare built in but im not really fussed

Hi Luke,

how did you ended up with Mac OS X Snow Leopard Up-to-Date program?
    MBP 2.4g 4g 128g
    nano gggggg 8g
    http://technewsonnet.com/

i have no idea mate, i havent even thought about that yet! There was nothing in the box or anything like that to state id be able to participate. Is there somewhere i should be looking to find out?

ahhhh just printed the form off now, ill be sending it in tomorrow and will let you know mate

before that,

try to fill the online form here

The Apple Store (Australia)

serial no- -normal serial no

date of purchase and place - eBay and date
    place: a bit tricky
    MBP 2.4g 4g 128g
    nano gggggg 8g
    http://technewsonnet.com/

done, and its paid for and ill be shipped september

I just put reseller and sydney as place of sale and it went through as i had no idea where it came from in the US

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2