Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default The Next Apple Aluminium Keyboard - With Backlit Black Keys

This is what I want to see Apple release, with backlighting.

Get rid of that aluminium version with white keys. It's kinda ugly.

I'd buy that if Apple made it.

No way am I paying the price that website is asking for it though. I didn't even pay that much for my Logitech G15 for my gaming PC.

And all they do is replace the white keys with black keys. I'd assume they buy the keys as spare parts and swap them over themselves.

I'd buy the above with backlighting for $100 for sure. The keyboard on my MBP is fantastic, if I could have the same for my desktop it would be brilliant.

Replace the number pad with a MBP-style single button trackpad and you have the perfect HTPC keyboard...
    13" MacBook Pro retina: i5 2.5GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD; Mac mini: i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM Fused 240GB SSD and 500GB HDD; iMac: G4 17" 1.25GHz 2GB RAM 160GB HDD; iPhone 5 64GB; iPad mini 64GB LTE; Apple TV 3

That's not a bad idea.

But personally I'd rather keep the number pad, I can't stand entering / modifying data on my MBP

Yeah backlit and I'll sell a kidney...or liver ; )
    laptop, desktop, music player and phone

Very noice!
    | MacBook Pro 15" Unibody 2.4GHz | 4GB Ram | 320GB HDD @ 7200 | 8GB Green iPod Nano 3rd Gen | White 16GB iPhone 3GS |

This is EXACTLY what the keyboard should've been in the first place, except the text on the keys looks a bit off...

I'd pay as much as it cost if Apple made an official version

And oh, also, GIVE US A NEW F***ING MIGHTY MOUSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samuelowens View Post
    Replace the number pad with a MBP-style single button trackpad and you have the perfect HTPC keyboard...
    That would be perfect (at the same time as having the standard keyboard with num pad for desk setups).

Also funny how the image does that trick where you see circles between all the keys.
    Last edited by Bogus Jimmy; 12th July 2009 at 10:10 AM.

I'm sure the build quality is just as good. They're using actual aluminium keyboards but with different keys. Illuminated would be absolutely killer. I'd be willing to put up with a cable if I could have illumination.
    Successful transactions with tintinaujapon, sillydog701, decryption, ken-f, macmine, LaPastenague, Jordan M, leon, NathR32, trickcycle, froggy, scruffie, benerrol, hawker, midnight_e, loc04t, fission.

Well even the wireless one could be backlit, it would just take a bit more power. Maybe Apple could build a battery into the keyboard itself, and then just charge over USB when you don't need to use it?

I'm certain Apple will be doing this eventually, it's just a matter of time really.

Black keys are ugly in my opinion.
    The current aluminum keyboards with white keys couldn't get much better. I do agree on the backlit though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple *do* manufacture this at some point. They've gone with black keys for their MacBook line, it only makes sense to carry it over to their desktops.

I like it. I wouldn't buy one to replace my white keyboard though since I tend to look at the screen more than my keys (and having illuminated keys is somewhat unnecessary when you've got a 24" crazy bright iMac screen shining its light on you in the dark), but hey, I'd be happy if Apple packaged them with their iMacs at some point. Black is sexy.

I'll buy me one of these, if they came without the numberpad, backlit and wireless!

Yes, perfect HTPC keyboard!
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Quote Originally Posted by reemixx View Post
    I wouldn't buy one to replace my white keyboard though since I tend to look at the screen more than my keys (and having illuminated keys is somewhat unnecessary when you've got a 24" crazy bright iMac screen shining its light on you in the dark), but hey, I'd be happy if Apple packaged them with their iMacs at some point. Black is sexy.
    An illuminated keyboard for a desktop would be great. I'm running a Dell 24" which is insanely bright (400nit), and sometimes my eyes struggle to adjust in low-light to see the keyboard and the lettering. I'm a touch-typist, but if I need to hit a rarely-used key or I lose my feeling, a backlit keyboard is great.