Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Delicious Library pulled from the App Store

The DL2 iPhone app was perfectly safe, but Amazon has forced me to remove it due to their new contract. http://tinyurl.com/o3mena [4e]
    Twitter / Wil Shipley: The DL2 iPhone app was per ...

Delicious Library for iPhone isn't coming back as long as we're using Amazon's APIs, unless they decide to make an exception to section 4e.
    Twitter / Wil Shipley: Delicious Library for iPho ...

Not cool for Delicious Monster. Hopefully Amazon sort it out soon.

Damn, I've been umming and ahhing about buying this for the last few days.

I would have done so in an instant if they had updated it to allow using the iPhone camera to scan barcodes.

Seriously Amazon, wtf - you even have your own app on the Appstore and a Kindle app.

[EDIT] Having said that, all the Amazon terms require is that they seek and obtain permission - hope they've done so and that Amazon comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by OziMac View Post
    [EDIT] Having said that, all the Amazon terms require is that they seek and obtain permission - hope they've done so and that Amazon comes through.
    Wil said he's asked and they've said no at this point.

I feel bad for the Delicious guys but it is not that great a loss. The App was really under featured and did not really live up to the desktop version that is both beautiful and really functional.

Obviously Amazon were listening to Can Touch This a few weeks ago and did not like the review
    The iDevice Classroom. Watch this space.

I'm very glad I got this before it got yanked!

I agree that its current iteration was underwhelming, but it did the key thing for me, which was allowing me to have my library in my pocket for when I'm trawling through bins of second-hand books, thereby avoiding buying something I already have
    "Sleight of hand; twist of Fate"

"What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care"

Would have loved to use the iPhone as a barcode scanner. Let's hope Wil's working on that.

Aren't apple developing their own bookstore online???? Maybe why.....?????