Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Beautifully designed, going through the console in xcode organizer it shows up like this:
    Code:
    Fri Jul 10 12:46:51 unknown TwitterFon[538] <Warning>: 223434719
    Fri Jul 10 12:46:55 unknown TwitterFon[538] <Error>: doClip: empty path.
    Is this something else (I know it says TwitterFon, but I don't have TwitterFon active, just iTweetReply)?
    Last edited by woody993; 10th July 2009 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewlesh View Post
    The version up on the store is a slightly old version. The latest beta [1.1] we'll be submitting i the next few days.
    So when I buy it will I have two copies or will it replace the Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by andytlr View Post
    So when I buy it will I have two copies or will it replace the Beta?
    I'm actually not too sure; you would have to test that one for us.

I'm actually not too sure; you would have to test that one for us.
    Reporting from the field: Replaces beta. Clever. But I haz lost 1.1.

We're sending a push notification. Push "appears" like SMS on the screen.
    Cool. Bought - always happy to support a MacTalker

Great icon btw.

1.1 is almost ready to go on my computer now. It has many improvements, and makes the main timeline screen (the table with everyone's twitters on it) much prettier. Should be on the AppStore from anywhere between 2-20 days.

I've bought it - nice work guys!

But, so far, though I've received one "mention", I've not had it pushed to me.

I'll wait for the next one, see if it pops up!
    "Sleight of hand; twist of Fate"

"What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care"

Quote Originally Posted by Vaempyr View Post

Sorry about that. A small number of people seem to be having issues wish their Twitter accounts not registering with our server for push.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaempyr View Post

Eh - I'm gotta say, I've been having the same issue - of the 5 or 6 mentions I've received since buying the app, only one has been pushed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew858 View Post
    Sorry about that. A small number of people seem to be having issues wish their Twitter accounts not registering with our server for push.
    ...and the fix?

OK, we seem to have fixed everyone who has said that they are having issues. If you are, just post in this thread with your Twitter username (if it isn't below your avatar or in your signature) and I will PM you with help.

OK, we seem to have fixed everyone who has said that they are having issues. If you are, just post in this thread with your Twitter username (if it isn't below your avatar or in your signature) and I will PM you with help.
    A couple of mine have been missed but others have got through. So probably not a big issue.

I've only had one mention since installing, and it did not push...

I'll wait for my next mention / DM, and let you know.

Edit: Nada. Was mentioned ~30mins ago, still no notification. @vaempyr is me; any suggestions welcomed.
    Last edited by Vaempyr; 10th July 2009 at 07:54 PM.
    "Sleight of hand; twist of Fate"

"What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care"

OK, after looking through the server logs, approximately 0.5-1% of people have "Empty Token" in their database entry for their Twitter username. This means that the server never received your details, or it just never got the push token (the push token is a unique 40-digit string that has nothing to do with any other UUID on your device, and identifies your device to both our servers and the Apple Push servers). The only way to fix this is to make sure that you have push on, you can access itweetreply.com through Safari, and that you are connected to the internet when you first install iTweetReply.

Tragedies's Avatar Tragedies is offline I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Played around with the app - luckily I'm one of the 99% of people who have it working XD

Replies/DM are pushed to me in a short amount of time (so far, all replies have been pushed ranging from one second delay to a minute) and looks to be working quite well.

I have Prowl as well, and its set to send me a notification whenever someone replies to me or directly messages me and as I have an iMac which rarely goes off I can see you might have a bit of competition if people try to think of a way to do what your cool app does without paying the (might I add, small) fee of your app - then again, seems like 95% of apps in the App store have competition.

Worth noting is that sometimes Tweetie/Prowl beat iTR to the notification, sometimes the other way around. Im not sure how iTR works so Im not sure why, I just assume it's because Tweetie checks every X amount of minutes, whereas iTR is notified as soon as someone replies and there's a delay.

Either way, awesome app. Good to see more Aussie devs making apps. Kinda annoys me with envy I'm only a bit younger then most of you guys who made the app and you'll (hopefully) be making much profit soon >___<

My iTR now works perfectly as advertised, after a quick password change.

The Twitter API limitation strikes again, it seems. First it was Tweetie for iPhone, then that twitter-app that slid down from the menu bar (some JB thing), now iTR.

/sigh, this is the 21st century, people. @ characters in passwords should just work.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyling View Post

The Twitter API limitation strikes again, it seems. First it was Tweetie for iPhone, then that twitter-app that slid down from the menu bar (some JB thing), now iTR.

/sigh, this is the 21st century, people. @ characters in passwords should just work.
    You have an @ in your password? Why? I wouldn't have thought characters like that would be supported anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyling View Post

I'm the same, quick password change fixed the problem.

and i didnt have any @ in my password.

You have an @ in your password? Why? I wouldn't have thought characters like that would be supported anywhere.
    Security, paranioa, call it what you want

I wouldn't have thought characters like that would be supported anywhere.
    Surprisingly, they pretty much are. Apart from a version of Tweetie a while back, and that same JB app, and now iTR, the @ character has been supported by lots of things - and there's no reason it shouldn't be, any character produce-able by a standard keyboard across all operating systems should be a character allowed by such things. Alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedies View Post
    Worth noting is that sometimes Tweetie/Prowl beat iTR to the notification, sometimes the other way around. Im not sure how iTR works so Im not sure why, I just assume it's because Tweetie checks every X amount of minutes, whereas iTR is notified as soon as someone replies and there's a delay.
    The 'cloud' polls twitter for any changes every two minutes, but between iTR users it's instant. That's why sometimes Tweetie will beat iTR to notify you of changes, and vice-versa.
    MacBook Unibody 2.4GHz // iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) // iPad 2 64GB Wifi+3G
    twitter | lifestream | last.fm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast