Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bennyling View Post
    HOLY CRAP may I just be the first one to say that I'm really, really, sick of waiting for what will probably be a 1.0 of The Hit List for iPhone.

1.0 as in unfinished, rushed crap. If it's not then I'll be surprised, but still not a fan of waiting...
    I'm with you Bennyling.
    Been using the desktop app and waiting for the iPhone version for ages. Let's hope its because they're making 1.0 a killer release!
    Barista for iPhone & iPod Touch | Barista on Twitter
    Cellar for iPhone & iPod Touch | Cellar on Twitter
    The Early Edition for iPad | Glasshouse Apps on Twitter

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

+1 for Things. Great App
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by angusg View Post
    Only wifi... ATM Apple doesn't allow third party devellopers to make use of the sync cable
    But they can use MobileMe like Transmit does for favourites. I would love to see things use MobileMe to sync my tasks. That said, I love Things and highly recommend it.

The Hit List does look like a fair contender, but I would be jack of waiting for the iPhone app knowing that your could use things or many others on your iPhone now, which is where I really need my To Do List.
    Morgs

www.ted.com Get all of your inspiration in one place.

Things

It's awesome sauce.

I use a free app called iProcrastinate for work purposes. It says it's designed as a "homework manager" (it's written by a student) but it suits my daily grind. Missing a few features I'd love (such as repeating tasks) but for now I just use the iCal app for those.

There's a Mac version too, but they don't sync ... yet (apparently he's working on it).

I'm a Things kid, got it since it can sync nicely with Things on my mac over wifi.

It's a bit pricey, but if you can afford it, it's awesome.

Things;

By far the best Getting Things Done App around.

Looks beautiful, just enough detail, without going overboard. Can't recommend enough.
    I am the tech savvy at-risk youth.

Another vote for Things. Probably my most used iPhone app, and the fact it syncs to the Macbook gives assurance there's always a second copy should something go wrong.

Another vote for Things.

Another vote for Things.

It nicely populates the ToDo lists in Mail and iCal with the items entered, which are sync'd with MobileMe, so I can see them there as well.

(I should note that I have both desktop and iPhone versions.)

Very flexible in categorisation and the tags system.

cheers
    Klaas

Things for iPhone will be great once they add reoccurring events and a web backup/sync system.

I asked this a while ago, and at the time the answer was "no", but...

Is there a simple to do app, with alarms, that syncs with iCal? I don't care about any fancy bells and whistles, all I want is something that can keep a list of to do's, and set a reminder alarm for each one. Just like my K750i used to do about, oh...3 years ago. It even synced with iCal!

At the moment I use the calendar, but it's clunky.

Cheers,
    - Febs.
    "Woz, we need blue boxes not computers." (Steve Jobs).

I use Put Things Off (Thanks to Marc for reccomending it on the Can Touch This podcast)

Beautiful interface, and simple. Great for those people who think Things is just a lil too intensive for their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Febs View Post

Is there a simple to do app, with alarms, that syncs with iCal?
    No;

At this stage, iCal data cannot be accessed by developers.

To quote things' FAQ;

"A direct sync between third party iPhone apps and iCal (or Calendar on the iPhone) is technically not possible at this time. We hope that in the future Apple will allow third parties to sync to-dos and calendar events with MobileMe."

So when Apple allows it, we'll be able to.
    I am the tech savvy at-risk youth.

I use Things on my iPhone and across 2 macs. Works great for me.
    garethtownsend.info

Melbourne Cocoaheads! - we're cuckoo for cocoa apps!

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    No;

At this stage, iCal data cannot be accessed by developers.

To quote things' FAQ;

"A direct sync between third party iPhone apps and iCal (or Calendar on the iPhone) is technically not possible at this time. We hope that in the future Apple will allow third parties to sync to-dos and calendar events with MobileMe."

So when Apple allows it, we'll be able to.
    Thanks. It's mind-boggling that Apple are up to version 3.0 of the iPhone OS, and still don't have such simple functionality in there. If a Sony Ericsson from over 3 years ago can do it (and sync with iCal), Apple have no excuse.

</$0.02>
    "Woz, we need blue boxes not computers." (Steve Jobs).

Tassiecelt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gehenna View Post
    I use Things on my Mac and iPhone. They sync together, and it's the best GTD app I've seen or used.
    I agree, great way to get text over to the iphone also.

I was considering Bento until I saw the iphone version (not good)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
    I use Put Things Off (Thanks to Marc for reccomending it on the Can Touch This podcast)

Beautiful interface, and simple. Great for those people who think Things is just a lil too intensive for their needs.
    Thanks for that, very simple to use and also looks great too. It's now on the front page of my iPhone
    Successful trades: madmacs, jimdrum, eidlog_007, smdnetau, Aaron

likewise

hi guys,

Just wondering if those of you who uses "Things", does it support "Push Notification" ? like Appigo Todo List?

I was just thinking of using Remember The Milk web based account (so that I can use it anywhere I like instead of being tied down to my mac) & then sync it with my Appigo Todo Apps in iPhone ( which is going to get the "push" notification soon!)

I know RTM has got Free iPhone apps but I still like the interface of Appigo Todo apps.

What do you guys think?
    Convert Your Favorite Movies Into iPad Using Click Here/Find out more - Download Free Trial. Convert iPhone Ringtone Using Aiseesoft.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast