the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Every iPhone 3GS Plan

Here is every iPhone 3GS plan we know about so far:

Notes:
    Green = Unlimited/Yes/Free
    Red = Zero/No
    Last edited by NeoRicen; 22nd July 2009 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks mate, very valuable information
    MBP 2.4g 4g 128g
    nano gggggg 8g
    http://technewsonnet.com/

Thanks NeoRicen!

It's very helpful to have all the info freely available and neatly organised.

Thanks Neo, nicely done and very easy to read makes it easy for everyone to see what the best option is.

Cheers!
    || iMac 24" 2.66C2D || Mac mini Core i5 || iPhone 6 64GB Slate || iPad 2 16GB 3G/WiFi

YNWA.
    Buyer/Seller Feedback

Thanks for the feedback.

Is this any easier to read? I moved the shading to horizontal, so it's easier to line up the bonus and notes cells to the carriers/plans, and plans to carriers.

Ah so much easier. I was going to say its hard to distinguish between the carriers on the left as the line that divides them isn't very prominent.

I also like the green highlighting and red highlighting. (notice how Telstra is all red )

Good job.
    || iMac 24" 2.66C2D || Mac mini Core i5 || iPhone 6 64GB Slate || iPad 2 16GB 3G/WiFi

YNWA.
    Buyer/Seller Feedback

I think there are error in the total amount (monthly cost + phone cost ) for Vodafone 3GS 32GB 24 month 59, 69, 79 and other plan.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    Here is every iPhone 3GS plan we know about so far:

Notes:
    Telstra plans are not confirmed, though they are likely.

Vodafone excess data rates and call rates are based on previous and existing plans, and are not specifically outlined for the iPhone plans yet.

Optus still offers the best deals, although the lack of tethering, visual voicemail and dissatisfaction with the network make Vodafone a very strong competitor.

Telstra's network and the fact it is the only option for many people makes them something to consider, despite the fact that while their pricing is much improved over the 3G, it is still awful.
    Last edited by eaglesteve2; 24th June 2009 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks - that's brilliant! Now we just need some pricing out of Three to complete the comparison figures - hope they don't hold out for 4 more weeks!
    Beware the Mysterons!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve2 View Post
    I think there are error in the total amount (monthly cost + phone cost ) for Vodafone 3GS 32GB 24 month 59 and 69 plan.
    Whoops, you're right. Fixing now. I copied and pasted one and forgot to change the total numbers.

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks.

Voda win at iPhone.
    Wheres the any key?

Holy Crap is Telstra's Data expensive...
    I thought Optus was steep...

Voda definitly is FTW... I can't justify the cost of breaking contract though. :/
    Optus' Coverage Sux!!! Please leave me alone, so I can get back my good coverage again. :P
    Gear | MacBook Pro 15" UniBody | MacMini | iPhone 4 32GB Black | 2xReadyNAS NV+

neg2led Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardSlash View Post
    Voda win at iPhone.
    Almost. Their on-top cost for the 32gig sucks a bit imo - $360 extra over the 2 years, where 8gb to 16gb right now is $4/month more so only 96 more...which is a bit balls.

--neg

Whoops, you're right. Fixing now. I copied and pasted one and forgot to change the total numbers.

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks.
    Hmmm. How do you calculate the Optus $99 timeless plan costs and data? On the Optus site (not the iPhone pricing page) the $99 timeless plan is quoted as coming with 500Mb of data, but only if you add a $14.99 data pack. That takes the price to $114, too. You have the price at $99, and 1.5Gb of data.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryicle View Post
    Hmmm. How do you calculate the Optus $99 timeless plan costs and data? On the Optus site (not the iPhone pricing page) the $99 timeless plan is quoted as coming with 500Mb of data, but only if you add a $14.99 data pack. That takes the price to $114, too. You have the price at $99, and 1.5Gb of data.
    Optus have stated that the $14.99 will be reimbursed each month for the length of the contract...
    Optus' Coverage Sux!!! Please leave me alone, so I can get back my good coverage again. :P
    Gear | MacBook Pro 15" UniBody | MacMini | iPhone 4 32GB Black | 2xReadyNAS NV+

That's the normal Timeless plan.

Iphone 3GS special is $99 for the $114 pack.

Therefore for the $99 you get,

Unlimited text/calls/mms + tethering (since its a over $9.99 pack) and 1.5 gig data.

Best plan by far imho.

Yeah, things are a little confusing there at this point.

The current $99 Timeless plan with $14.99 Data pack comes with 1.5GB, so I put that, and I recall Gizmodo reporting Optus will credit you back $15 a month, bringing the price down to $99 total a month.

I'll look into it a bit more.

EDIT: From Gizmodo AU:
    Optus are holding an event right now unveiling their iPhone 3GS pricing. The jewel in the crown: a $99 ‘Yes’ Timeless Plan with unlimited standard national calls and text, 1.5GB of mobile internet browsing, tethering included.
    It’s slightly more complicated than just that $99 monthly fee over 24 months. It’s only available for customers signing up to the $99 iPhone 3GS plan who take the $15 monthly Mobile Internet pack, although that $15 a month fee is credited back each month. After your 24 month contract is up, you’ll start paying the $15 again though.

Yeah, things are a little confusing there at this point.

The current $99 Timeless plan with $14.99 Data pack comes with 1.5GB, so I put that, and I recall Gizmodo reporting Optus will credit you back $15 a month, bringing the price down to $99 total a month.

I'll look into it a bit more.
    So if I go on the $99 Timeless do I get tethering without the fee? A little confused by all the techno mumbo jumbo. I can use tethering up to 1.5GB?

YNWA.
    Buyer/Seller Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lazychef View Post
    So if I go on the $99 Timeless do I get tethering without the fee? A little confused by all the techno mumbo jumbo. I can use tethering up to 1.5GB?
    You get Tethering included, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by lazychef View Post
    Since that plan is actually a package ($99 Plan + $15 data pack*) you get tethering free, since tethering is activated for 'free' if you get a $10 or more data pack.

*$15 credited every month, so in effect it's free, but you still get the free tethering benefit you would get if you paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Keving View Post
    Best plan by far imho.
    Yeah it looks very good, for my purposes, *if* those are correct prices.

EDIT: On your table you list a 12 month option for the $99 timeless plan. Yet the quote from Gizmodo quotes 24 months...?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast