Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Mounting a SSH-alike drive

I've recently turned to the Mac side after 5 years of fixing crappy PC's and there is just one thing i need on my mac to make it working 100%.

I'm a university student and on my PC i would use Secure Shell to log into a server to access my data from home but i can't seem to get the 'mount drive' to work or any other 3rd party program which doesn't make sense to me at all

Have anyone done this before?

PS I'm from UOW if there's any local users out there

If you wanna mount an SSH location on your Mac, check out Expandrive - I love it.

I'll second Expandrive - it is almost seamless. When transferring a lot of data, it won't perform as well as a "normal" FTP/SFTP client, but it does caching a lot better. I have a bit of trouble with a server in the US that has a very high latency, but on local (within Australia) servers, Expandrive is as responsive as you could ask for.
    "The need is not for, say, half a million -inch drill bits. The need is that there are ten million -inch holes that need to be drilled." - Robert Noyce
    www.nickforge.com

Cheers on that, just downloaded and connected straight away and works great
    Defiantly be worth the money when the demo is up
    :: 24' iMac 2.8 GHz C2D 2GB :: iPhone 3G 16 GB :: Apple AirPort Express 802.11n* :: 4GB iPod 4th Gen