Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default powerpoint to DVD converter

I am wanting to convert a powerpoint presentation to DVD format for viewing on television, is there any simple free software available to do this. I need to keep the background music as well as the transitions in place and formated. Thanks in advance for any help

in powerpoint export to quicktime movie then import to idvd/toast
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

[QUOTE=mac_man_luke;860351]in powerpoint export to quicktime movie then import to idvd/toast[/QUOTE

Sorry ...bit of a novice here. Please explain in step by step as i cant find an export button and i have quicktime player not quicktime movie and i have idvd not idvd/toast

Fremantle, WA (and the East Kimberley on occasions)

In Powerpoint (Office 08) select

File > Save As Movie...

Then select any option you need. This will save the presentation as a .mov file. This format is called a 'Quicktime Movie'. If your version of Powerpoint doesn't have the Save as Movie option, select Save As.. and select a .mov file type.

Open this .mov file in iDVD - it should allow you to then burn it to a DVD in the correct format (sorry, I haven't used iDVD so I can't help with these details).