Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've set it up but I don't have any other Macs to test it with. Bit silly of me.
    teej - your site doesn't explain that you need to create a key, and what to do with it. It took me a while to figure it out...
    2012 Mac Mini 2.6 w/ 1TB Fusion Drive & 16GB RAM, Dell U2713HM Monitor | 15" MBP Unibody 2.66 | iPhone 5s Space Gray 32GB on Vodafone & iPhone 5 Black | iPad Retina (3rd Gen) on Vodafone | AppleTV 3 | Original Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by richthomas View Post
    i dont have more than one Mac but very interested in this idea when i do. how do you connect to your second Mac while away from your local network? do you enter an IP address in Finder's Connect to Server and get a generic icon in Finder, or is it all automatic and your Mac will still be viewable in Finder with a little Mac icon?
    when it's all configured and set up, your finder will just 'see' your other bonjour services... machines, url's, whatever you set up

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa View Post
    teej - your site doesn't explain that you need to create a key, and what to do with it. It took me a while to figure it out...
    I have been dragging my feet with documentation thanks for calling me out on that. What I thought I'd do is a one-page tour covering adding a zone, adding a key and setting up the key in Sharing would that be a good way of getting started?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybix View Post
    when it's all configured and set up, your finder will just 'see' your other bonjour services... machines, url's, whatever you set up
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Quote Originally Posted by Cybix View Post
    cool thats like i thought it would be, all automatic!
    Hackintosh Core i5 750, 4GB, 1.5TB, 4870 1GB; 23" ACD; Snow Leopard
    15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2GHz, 2GB, 250GB

For those of you who wanted to use an Airport with the service, one of the fine folks testing the service has found exactly what the bug is along with a work around see here for the solution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2