Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default dust under iphone screen?

Hey guys,

I recently dropped my iPhone onto the floor.. no damage at all cause i had my mophie juice pack on, but i noticed something came up on my screen..

i don't really mind the dust, but whats annoying me is the little thing in the middle. and yes, i've cleaned my iPhone spotless so what you see is under the screen. and no, its not some kind of damage whatsoever because it moved. yesterday the pointy end was pointing to another direction.

so, any suggestions?

cheers

Default Apple Store

You can either make an appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar, where they will replace with a new phone on the spot, or ring them and get an advance replacement. The latter will set you back around $40, they'll send you a replacement and a postage paid package for returning your faulty one.

so, no questions, they will definitely replace my phone with a new one? sweeet.

thanks for quick reply, but i still have a question.

so, i bought this iphone outright from telstra, and paid $150 to unlock it. if i get a new one would i have to re-pay the unlocking fee or anything?

cheers

Yeh i have this problem too. And its really annoying. Might ask them and see what they say
    iPhone 16GB White | iPod Mini 4GB | iPod Shuffle 1GB Green | HP Pavillion Entertainment Laptop 320gb HDD - 4GB RAM - Vista Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    so, no questions, they will definitely replace my phone with a new one? sweeet.

thanks for quick reply, but i still have a question.

so, i bought this iphone outright from telstra, and paid $150 to unlock it. if i get a new one would i have to re-pay the unlocking fee or anything?

cheers
    They will ask questions, but I don't see why the wont' replace it as long as you're honest.

You won't need to repay to unlock the phone - the replacement will be unlocked.

I'm just wondering how bad it has to be for them to replace it? I've got a bit of dust in the lower right of my screen (had it since release day) and I used a Bodyguard cover over the glass screen?

Is there a cut off? Or will some dust be sufficient? (Mine's not as bad as the Original Posters, but it is significantly noticeable!)

i got my iPhone replaced because it had a bit of dust under the screen. The Genius looked at it, checked to make sure that it hadn't put in water, agreed that there was dust and got me a replacement.

alrite.. thank guys. problem solved

will try and make time to go to the apple store.

What can i do, i dropped my iphone and the screen is badly cracked it still works fine as i had a screen protector on but i would like to know who to contact about getting it fixed.