Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default MacbookPro, left side of screen pinkish then goes away

When I first turn my MBP on or wake from sleep the left side of the LCD, about 1/4 to 1/3 wide has a noticable pinkish hue then after a while it goes away.

Bit concerned as the 3 years of warranty period will expire soon (20th August).

What is this pinkish hue?
    cause?

To early to take to Applestore?

Thanks,
    Chris
    MacBookPro 15", iPhone 3G

Successful trades : Cool Smiley, wally4000, macrob69, kaisersozay x2, gilligan911,
    step_andy, neo, mac_man_luke, Clockwork, iMarty, Simo, natakim, chocho, ARB, macman, Goodbye, gregh
    nightelves, suryo, TheKeddi

Take it to the store, you're going to need the screen replaced -- the CCFL backlight is dying. The colour difference is caused by the slow demise of the gas which is the heart of the CCFL (cold-cathode fluorescent light) backlight, and the colour approaches normal as the display warms up to operating temperature. The longer you leave it, the longer this fading will take until it fades no more, and very shortly thereafter one entire side of your screen will never light up again.

Thanks Brains. I have booked in to the Genius Bar for Tuesday morning.
    MacBookPro 15", iPhone 3G

Successful trades : Cool Smiley, wally4000, macrob69, kaisersozay x2, gilligan911,
    step_andy, neo, mac_man_luke, Clockwork, iMarty, Simo, natakim, chocho, ARB, macman, Goodbye, gregh
    nightelves, suryo, TheKeddi