Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default TramTRACKER on the Appstore!

Hurrah! Get it while it's hot!

iTunes Store

EDIT

Frakkin' Awesome. I love you guys.

good one
    |MacbookPro 2.66 Mid 2009 .Snow Leopard | iMac G3.OS 9| 32GB iPhone 3GS Black |27"iMac@work|iPad Wifi+3G 64Gsoon:)

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

Neat, picked it up in anticipation for December.

It's brilliant. I have the day off tomorrow and will try out the "onboard" functionality.

For me who has no car and survives on public transport, this is brilliant. If only we could get a Connex version, they have a lot to live up to now. 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    If only we could get a Connex...
    Stop dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by bengrubb View Post
    Stop dreaming.

metlink melbourne is online
    |MacbookPro 2.66 Mid 2009 .Snow Leopard | iMac G3.OS 9| 32GB iPhone 3GS Black |27"iMac@work|iPad Wifi+3G 64Gsoon:)

A bit late. Why didn't it exist when I was last (April) in Melbourne.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is the best app I've ever used on the iPhone. It's pretty much perfect! I use the trams often and to get live timing on my phone is brilliant.

Kudos to Bok and the Yarra Trams team

Thanks guys :-)

Some extra things will come up automatically as we upgrade to 3.0. Already so much in the works for the next couple of versions
    Last edited by bok; 10th June 2009 at 11:51 AM.

This is fantastic, I love how my little iphone now looks like the screens at the stop. The difference being I'm inside and warm!

I have been waiting for this app for a long time now. So far it's FANTASTIC. I can't fault it.

It takes advantage of all the iPhone has to offer (GPS, updating data, touch interface etc). Well done to the developers! One very happy customer here!

Absolutely amazing application!

I tried out Onboard today as well. It shows you what is the next stop and what time the tram will arrive at subsequent stops. Pretty nifty.
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20"
    iPod 5G 30GB | iPod nano 4GB | Apple TV 40GB | iPhone 3G 8GB

Another vote for onboard today. Works beautifully.

One suggestion: Can the onboard tram number be kept in the box until you exit tramtracker? I was on one tram seeing how long it would take me to get to an intersection so I could change to another tram, so I was switching between onboard and the live update for the tram I was switching to. Every time I went back to onboard I had to put in the tram number again.

Other annoyance (not the apps fault) is that not all trams have the stickers. Luckily most trams have the tram number (particularly older ones) painted above the drivers cab.

In the meantime one person actually asked me what I was doing, and I gave them a brief demo. They were amazed, but didn't have an iphone

Should try and get an article about this in the MX or something, they love this kind of stuff.

One suggestion: Can the onboard tram number be kept in the box until you exit tramtracker? I was on one tram seeing how long it would take me to get to an intersection so I could change to another tram, so I was switching between onboard and the live update for the tram I was switching to. Every time I went back to onboard I had to put in the tram number again.
    Easily. Consider it done :-)

Other annoyance (not the apps fault) is that not all trams have the stickers. Luckily most trams have the tram number (particularly older ones) painted above the drivers cab.
    We've raised this with the appropriate department already - it's something we noticed in testing. It's being looked into now.

Should try and get an article about this in the MX or something, they love this kind of stuff.
    Metlink is organising one for the Transport section about both apps :-)

Brilliant.

My only minor quibble is that I can't work out how to select multiple routes on Swanston Street (e.g. I want the Bourke and Swanston St stop northbound to show 1 and 8, but it only seems to do 1 or 8 or every route)...
    13" MacBook Pro retina: i5 2.5GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD; Mac mini: i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM Fused 240GB SSD and 500GB HDD; iMac: G4 17" 1.25GHz 2GB RAM 160GB HDD; iPhone 5 64GB; iPad mini 64GB LTE; Apple TV 3

public transport operators in other states should look at this app and hang their heads in shame

Quote Originally Posted by samuelowens View Post
    Brilliant.

My only minor quibble is that I can't work out how to select multiple routes on Swanston Street (e.g. I want the Bourke and Swanston St stop northbound to show 1 and 8, but it only seems to do 1 or 8 or every route)...
    That's a service limitation at the moment, one that's being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by bacco007 View Post
    public transport operators in other states should look at this app and hang their heads in shame
    There's a great deal of things that the other public transport operators are doing, especially those that have jumped on to Google Transit. Transperth also make the data they give Google available for all: http://tr.im/o0DQ

-bok

prerecorded's Avatar prerecorded is offline Nobody's Mrs anything! That's Ms, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bacco007 View Post
    bugger that, CONNEX should look at this and hang their heads in shame.

I wish there were more trams. Light rail inner suburbs loop FTW!

There's no reason why the system that you use when you push the green buttons on a platform at a Melbourne Station (which tells you how many minutes til the next train) can't be linked in to a TramTracker style Iphone App. Of course getting Connex/Kosky/etc to manage something like that may be asking a bit much. Best wait til they've got Myki up and running.

Meanwhile Bok, how many downloads so far?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast