Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up New Macupdate Bundle

There is a new macupdate bundle which includes a lot of really good software including Parallels, Notebook, Techtools and Rip it.

Buy through Mactalk's affiliate link and you'll support Mactalk!

http://www.mupromo.com/?ref=5322
    Last edited by MissionMan; 30th May 2009 at 09:44 AM.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

So has anyone got this?

I'm thinking of getting it for Parrellel. At AUD$63 its damn good. But as I already have VMware I was wondering how the rest of these apps are?
    White MacBook 2.2GHz 4GB RAM Leopard, White 3G iPhone 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
    So has anyone got this?

I'm thinking of getting it for Parrellel. At AUD$63 its damn good. But as I already have VMware I was wondering how the rest of these apps are?
    I reckon it's a great bundle (hence why I chose to pimp it around here, where as I haven't done it in the past with others).

• TechTools is great if you do a lot of troubleshooting on Macs.
    • RipIt is a nice alternative to Mac The Ripper.
    • DVD ReMaster Pro can back up DVDs really easily (make DVD-9's fit on DVD-5
    • s) as well as export to iPod/AppleTV.
    • Posterino is great fun to make collage posters out of photos from your iPhoto library and get giant A0/A1 prints made.

Default sold!

Yeah I just bought it.

I've got Fusion on one mac and thought I'd try Parallels on the other PLUS nice to have another DVD ripping option!

Sure my wife will find MoneyWell useful for nagging the crap out of me...("have you done the banking...WTF have you bought NOW!?")

And TechTools! Awesome!

All in all a useful bundle compared to their last one.
    15" i5 MBP + 09 MacMini(OCZ SSD) + 13" Al macbook + iPad2 + iPhone 4 + ATV 2 wit XBMC!

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Buy through Mactalk's affiliate link and you'll Mactalk!
    You’ll Mactalk?

Purchased.

Win
    MacBook Pro / 2.26 GHz C2D / 8 GB RAM / 160 GB HDD
    Mac Mini / 2.0 GHz C2D / 4 GB RAM / 500 GB HDD

Sweet - I've been putting off upgrading Parallels and Notebook for a while, so this buy will be a no-brainer ;-)

Purchased

First bundle that has had more than one thing i want
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Notebook is also pretty good. I use that as well.

I am probably going to buy a bundle for my wife (who is due to buy a mac soon) so I can get her parallels and notebook and I'll keep the rest of the stuff I don't have yet,
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

I bought it last night. No complaints here - got the whole bundle for the price of Notebook alone.

JimWOz's Avatar JimWOz is offline 56 no. ...and still seeing it big as a footy

Yep, a no brainer.
    I'd been holding off upgrading TechTool Pro to V5 and Parallels to V4, and the cost of this whole bundle is about the same as a Parallels upgrade alone.

I like the look of Mariner's Paperless (formerly ReceiptWallet) as well.
    Circus Ponies Notebook is a good app too, that I just couldn't justify before, but hey, it's effectively free in this bundle.

Can only assume that software ain't selling well at the moment....
    MBP15 i7 2.2 16G/1TB/120SSD, MB C2D2.4 Black, MB2.0 Black, PBG4/15/1.5, PMG4 MDD, iMacG3/333, Epson1410, HPLJ5200DN, HP ML115 Ubuntu Server, Airport Extreme+Express N. In the closet: HP DC7600 PC, PBG4/12/867, PBG3/333, PM6200, PB5300C, SE30, SE.

I just purchased this bundle.
    When I received the email with the serial numbers, next to RipIt and Multiplex I get the following instead of a serial number.

ERROR: UUID already used ()

Has anyone else had this issue? When I try to log into the Macupdate site and view my purchase receipt there, it states no receipt found.
    Who do I contact to get this rectified? Is it the MacUpdate people, or the developers of RipIt and Multiplex?

I'd contact MacUpdate - if it's not their fault, they'd at least know to alert the developer their end is fubar.