Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default firmware update (not entirely sure where to put this)

i was in a vodafone store just in the last couple of days, as i was looking into going onto an iphone plan and what not, and i was talking to the sales peeps there, about the lack of bluetooth + picture messaging,
    now from what they told me, they will be a new OS update (sometime soon apparently), that will be including bluetooth and picture messaging enabled.

mods please move if in the wrong forum, i looked to see if there was anything about it, and i didnt see it..

There will indeed be a software update.

3.0 was announced about a month ago and should be available as a free upgrade for iPhone users sometime after WWDC (late June)

Check these out:
    iPhone 3.0 feature roundup

iPhone 3.0 Roundup: Copy/Paste, MMS, Push Notification, and Much More…

Also, remember that a new iPhone is also likely to be announced in addition to the new software, so you may want to hold off buying until then.
    Alumimum iMac iPhone 4 Unibody Macbook

The iPhone has Bluetooth, just not many things you can do with it (pretty sure it's just bluetooth headsets only at the moment.

I found out today, that it also (surprisingly) allows connection with iDrive in BMW's, when the loan car asked me if I wanted to pair my iPhone.
    MacBookPro 17 - G5 Tower 2x2GHz - MacMini - iBook G3 (Blue) - TiBook 667Mhz
    iPhone 4 16GB - iPad 2 - 60GB iPod Video - 40GB iPod - 2 x 2GB iPod Mini - 512MB iPod Shuffle - Newton