Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Vodafone "visual voice mail??" cant be???

Can anyone confirm "Visual Voicemail" on the vodafone network???

Also on a side note optus charges for all the calls circled in red, where vodafone dont and vodafone offers 2gb data where optus is only 1.5gb.

Im thinking of changing if they have visual voicemail, the vodafone store could not confirm the visual voicemail as they did not understand what it was.

Also the plan seems alot better as optus charges for all those other numbers and it costs me to retrieve voicemail and order pizza, and directory assist, even their customer care number charges me...... total ball's optus!!!!!

 iPad 32 Gb WiFi/3G  iMac 27" i7.  iPhone 4 Black 32 GB.

well i am on vodafone and i definitely don't have visual voicemail. anyone else have it/?

I read that, and thought that vodafone has jumped the gun and released it.

It wasn't on their last month when i checked...

Maybe its something that may come out with the new iphone or 3.0

Vodafone has a habit of releasing info before it should.

maybe someone at customer care may help, and even ask the question why its advertised when it not available???

Yeah, your best bet would be to call them and ask them... not sure if they have an iPhone team like Optus and Telstra do, so maybe ask to speak to someone on an iPhone team they do. I'd be interested to know!

Didn't Optus say at launch they were working on visual voicemail and it'd be ready Q1 2009? I forgot all about it until this thread.
    [B]| Flickr | blog | MacTalk Podcaster | Official PM-Bid Hater #1

Verrryyy interesting.
    I'm not dying for visual voicemail, but damn I would like it.

Why does Telstra's actions influence what other carriers do? I would love Visual Voicemail, but the cost of it would be interesting. I'm hoping it's free, but I'm not holding my breath.

If i get visual voicemail i'll start using the service. Right now it just sits there.
    17" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHz iPhone3G S⃣ 32GB Black 16GB iPod Nano Black Airport Extreme TV 160GB 16GB iPad 3G
    Canon 550D - 18-55 IS, 50mm f1.8

well, Q1 is over...where's the visual voicemail?? Damn I'd really like it, save me time and money wasted listening to people I've just talked to!
    If it is hidden, it is the flower - Zeami, Noh playwright

I'm with vodafone and just checked for updates and synced... nothing. The voicemail button still just calls the voicemail number.

As much as I'd like to believe they're about to release it, I suspect that it's a mistake. Visual Voicemail was mentioned in some of Vodafone's pre-release publicity last year but it was quickly changed. They have a habit of cutting and pasting overseas marketing material.
    Current  stuff:  iPhone 5 |  MacBook Air 11" |  iPad | Old  stuff: various MacBooks, iPhones, iPods and a PowerBook Titanium

That was on the Vodafone website when I signed up a while back... I did email them about it and they replied saying something along the lines of those are just the iPhone features, we do not support visual voicemail... which is a pretty stupid reason to put it on as a "feature" when it is a feature we can not use.

I put a post about it on here... will see if i can dig it out!

EDIT: link to post... click me!

I think the best option is to treat it like Decryption does when discussing Optus's excellent coverage in Melbourne - Call it balls and change the subject.

It will probably happen eventually, and once it does 1/4 of the staff still wont know it's available and wont be of any help anyway.
    Visit my Christmas Light display at www.lithgowlights.com

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

I basically get it with 3 already. They email me WAVs of my voicemail.

Well, telstra just launched its 21mbps hspa modem!!! so im wondering now if all the telco's are working on some background improvements for the next gen iphone, the only way to wow us with a new gen iphone is to have the telcos network ready (keeping in mind AT&T are upgrading to a faster mobile network as we speak), coincidence? maybe we might get a faster 3g version of the iphone, maybe visual voice mail might be a selling point who know, we have to just wait and see ......

Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    I basically get it with 3 already. They email me WAVs of my voicemail.
    You know if you set up your three mailbox as an IMAP account, that's effectively how VV is done on the iPhone anyway

Quote Originally Posted by choy View Post
    That's got to be the silliest answer I've read!
    Jimbowalsh - An employee in the apple store told me the other day that Telstra were definitely working on bringing visual voicemail to Aus. He said they were currently updating the servers needed for this service. Also he said that the other carriers could not introduce it until Telsra did. Something to do with Telstra and their infrastructure in place. So it sounds like it's on it's way. He said first quarter 2009. Lets see if it happens.
    What does Telstra's mobile infrastructure have to do with any other carrier's mobile infrastructure? With the exception of the 3GIS JV, nothing, and even then it's only the physical towers.

I would place my bet on Vodafone being first, given they already have VV working on iPhone elsewhere.
    2012 Mac Mini 2.6 w/ 1TB Fusion Drive & 16GB RAM, Dell U2713HM Monitor | 15" MBP Unibody 2.66 | iPhone 5s Space Gray 32GB on Vodafone & iPhone 5 Black | iPad Retina (3rd Gen) on Vodafone | AppleTV 3 | Original Airport Express

I for one would like to have this, so the sooner the better I say.
    |Quad-core Mac Pro,| |15" Mac Book Pro i7, 8Gb of Ram,| 20"iMac 2.4Ghz,| iPhone 3G iOS4 |32 Gb iPhone 4| 16Gb WiFi + 3G iPad | 64Gb iPhone 5 iOS 7 Beta 2|

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa View Post
    I would place my bet on Vodafone being first, given they already have VV working on iPhone elsewhere.
    And I was correct!
    2012 Mac Mini 2.6 w/ 1TB Fusion Drive & 16GB RAM, Dell U2713HM Monitor | 15" MBP Unibody 2.66 | iPhone 5s Space Gray 32GB on Vodafone & iPhone 5 Black | iPad Retina (3rd Gen) on Vodafone | AppleTV 3 | Original Airport Express