Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default MacBook pro unibody 09 stuck in num lock

Does anyone know how to disable num lock? Googling around people are saying there is no num lock, but it's definitely on. Also why the he'll is it randomly turning on?

Fn f6 does nothing

Should be F6, however - check your System Preferences - under: Keyboard & Mouse - then: Keyboard and then uncheck the : F1, F2, F3 etc. keys as standard function keys.

No luck..

But did just find this Troubleshooting Guide: Mac OS X 10.6.3 | AppleToolbox - Tools and Fixes for Mac OS X, iPad, iPhone and iPad

I'm on 10.6.3 which might be the cause trying the fixes now.... Still downloading lol

Hey,

I had the same problem, was driving me nuts, especially since other accounts on the machine worked fine, just mine was stuck. Then I found the solution:

Mousekeys is probably stuck on. Press the option-key 5 times, or turn it off in universal access (system preferences > universal access > mouse & trackpad > mousekeys.

Must give credit where credit is due: I found the solution on this fellow's website after doing some Googling. So thank you to him!

Mac tech notes (phantom NumLock stuck, KeyNote) TurboManage