Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default More apps! 3.0 has 11 page limit vs 8

Found this on Arstechnica this morning. This is apparently in the updated 3.9 build not the first one.

Whilst it still doesn't solve the App Limit problem, it's a step in the right direction, for now, not an ideal fix though.

Meanwhile, for those running 3.0, tell me this: Does spotlight find and execute Applications which are past the 8 page limit and out of sight?

I seriously have no idea why anyone would want more than that many apps... I only have two pages. If I want to actually use one that I deleted because I never used it... I'll just download it again on the go!

I have approx ~400 but just culled iTunes back to ~150, and archived the rest till they fix this, obviously they're not all on my phone.

I don't know why Apple don't just allow folders so that you can arrange them in categories and hence clear the clutter of the desktop/homescreens.

And yes I know that this can be achieved by JB but the official firmware should include this feature. It's ridiculous to have to scroll through 8 or 11 pages to get to an app if you have that many.
    Follow me on Twitter

Ahh well, maybe in OS 4.0?

If spotlight searches past the page limit, i'm happy for now.

They could even do it without folders... general swipiness (having the ability to swipe up and down as well to get to different screens. Implement a form of spaces on the iPhone maybe?

Ok, I can understand how someone might have downloaded that many apps, but how many people actually have that many on their phone and use them often enough that they can't delete them?

Folders FTW

far out. i have a strict rule now of only having 3 pages of apps. i delete all the shit i havent opened in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimecasual View Post
    far out. i have a strict rule now of only having 3 pages of apps. i delete all the shit i havent opened in weeks.
    I would love to be able to do that but I keep thinking that I might need my currency converter or I might be bored one day and want to play that crappy game or I might need to use the leveller one day or I might want to record my weight or I might want to crop photos on my phone or I might want to translate an email into Polish or I might want to make pictures of hot girls wobble one day and many more .......
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    Ok, I can understand how someone might have downloaded that many apps, but how many people actually have that many on their phone and use them often enough that they can't delete them?
    I probably have 5 pages of apps that I use regularly, so I can see others might have the full 8 pages filled. I'd love official Folders as then I'd be able to clean them up. Donnie - love that setup...
    Visit my Christmas Light display at www.lithgowlights.com

i thought it was 9 pages currently?

Quote Originally Posted by the_doctor View Post
    I would love to be able to do that but I keep thinking that I might need my currency converter or I might be bored one day and want to play that crappy game or I might need to use the leveller one day or I might want to record my weight or I might want to crop photos on my phone or I might want to translate an email into Polish or I might want to make pictures of hot girls wobble one day and many more .......
    Wobble I'd never deleted. It's on page 2, stuff that shows off the iPhone to newbs. With Shazam, light saber, etc. Remember you can redownload any app youve bought for free.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    i thought it was 9 pages currently?
    currently, yes

and theres a hidden 10th page you can push the stocks etc onto (not kidding about this 10th page)