Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default How much ram is needed to play flash games online?

Hi guys!

My nephew has an imac G3 slot load blue spotted edition.

He has 380ish mb of ram in it and he can't play the kiddies flash games on ebay still.

Just wondering how much more he would need?

He is running OSX on it, it was like that when we bought it for him, otherwise it runs fine.

Thanks for any help in this, he is getting a bit upset! He is only 5, poor thing, just wants his putey to work, lol

Kerri
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

EdgeOfQuarrel Guest

I dunno most flash game sites I found always tell me to use windows and internet explorer :|
    by one of my neices has an old laptop with 256ram in it and plays stuff like yahoo games fine

If you remove any background apps that aren't required, it should give some more headroom.

Yes, you'll need some more RAM though.
    Support MacTalk by shopping at the Apple Online store via this link!
    MacBook Pro 15" UniBody: i7 2.2GHz|16GB|1TB HDD + 128GB SSD

Its more CPU tied than anything, and the flash implementation in macos is flimsy at best. Its not in any way efficient or well running.

I don't think it's a RAM problem. PowerPC CPUs seem to struggle with flash content. It could be just poor ppc optimisation. Flash games on intel machines are as smooth as butter.