Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fantastic works a treat

I've been using this method thanx for the info, but today discvered that 2.5 GB ISO won't copy, any one else have this issue.

Edit

A quick win-rar into cd size files sorts that out
    eMac | G5 | iMac | iPod | iPhone3G | iPad

Awesome guide, thanks

While I do use two computers regularly, one being the home computer the other being work, the sad truth is IT lock down the work computer so I may or may not be able to install this app. It also require .NET 2.0 which is unlikely to be on the work computer. The cable isn't an issue since I have a spare at work for charging purposes anyway. Wireless isn't an option since we don't have wireless at work...

What I (and many others) would need is a stand alone "app" that can be put in a folder and run on any PC without needing to be installed or require something else installed. This sort of thing I can manage, anything more and I'm out of luck.

The best option of course would be for Apple (or a 3rd party developer) to allow the device to just work as a mass storage device. I'd settle for the ability to "partition" a fixed amount of space for this task if they didn't want to allow full access to the whole device.

I jailbroke my phone when I first got it so I could use some skins and make it look pretty. This lasted about a day since it slowed the phone down too much, since then I haven't found any application to make me want to re-jailbreak the phone...

... but mass storage... that I would consider. Is there even a JB'd app that allows the device to be used as a simple mass storage device? (or does JBing the phone make it work like that by itself??)
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

Yep, tested and the work computer doesn't want a bar of installing this app, looks like I'm stuck with another memory key in my pocket for the next while
    Drive a VW?

If your work computer is a PC (it sounds like it is), you can simply access your iPhone when plugged in through the USB cable, by going through My Computer, and it will pop up that way.

The only folder you have access to is your Photos folder (i think it might actually be called 100Apple or something like this). This means you should then be able to drag files into this folder, and hence view them through Discover using part of the method I outlined in my guide.

I think this works...I'm not in front of my work PC at the moment, but it makes sense to me.

nope, can't drag files into the iPhone, hence why me (and many others) are looking for a way to do just that.
    Drive a VW?

Couldn't access the diskaid files while using the discover app, the photo file didnt appear. So i tried the iPhone app FileAid and now im able to access the diskaid folder and view the files in it.

I think you will find that now the AppStore is flooded with apps that do exactly the task that you need it for.

They have removed the Photos link so now you can't view files you have moved with diskaid on the phone.

that sounds like Apple intervention.

so if you have the old version, don't upgrade.
    eMac | G5 | iMac | iPod | iPhone3G | iPad

There's an App on iTunes called Air Sharing....
    it use to be free, not sure about it now though

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I found out a trick to at least access files from any computer without installing any kind of software.
    (I only tried this on a pc)
    Copy the file with DiskAid to your iphone in the DiskAid folder which you can select in DiskAid on the bottom left corner.
    Once the file is uploaded, rename it to "*.jpg"
    Now this file should be visible in the folder which pops up once you plug in your iphone. You can drag and drop it to your pc. Then rename it to the origin format.

for a bigger amount of files I use zip compressed folder which I upload and rename.
    You can also create subfolders.
    Last edited by floman; 8th June 2009 at 05:02 AM.

Default What if I want to view and copy files from other folders?

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and relative new to iPhone, and have a question here.

I have a jailbroken phone, and have some files that sits in the /var/mobile/media/downloads that I wish to copy to the PC. I have tried DiskAid, but that does not seem to allow me to go to the above directory. I have also tried iPhoneBrower, which does see the files, but iPhoneBrowser does not allow me to do any copying.

So, is there another tool to copy out those files in a user friendly way?

TIA.

In Diskaid, you have to toggle the bottom left control to Root Folder. Then you'll be able to access those files. By default, I think it sits in Library or Media or something.

Quote Originally Posted by wmyeoh View Post
    In Diskaid, you have to toggle the bottom left control to Root Folder. Then you'll be able to access those files. By default, I think it sits in Library or Media or something.
    I see. Thanks for the tips.

thanks for this tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2