Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Hey Marc, will Ice TV work with Windows 7? or does it use the new TV Pack which I understand isn't currently compatible.

I signed up for it through this site - Welcome to Windows 7

Still waiting for conf email. About half an hour now.

I liked in the signup process how it said what other OS do you use? Options were like XP, 2000 or Win98 ... or other.

Well great, the only DVD I had left to burn the 32 bit version on is scratched to hell. Anyone aware of a way to install it on a Mac using an External USB drive? Or am I just going to have to wait until I can get a blank DVD.

You could try using Disk Utility. Then Restore the image onto it. Make sure you're using the right file system.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRicen View Post
    Well great, the only DVD I had left to burn the 32 bit version on is scratched to hell. Anyone aware of a way to install it on a Mac using an External USB drive? Or am I just going to have to wait until I can get a blank DVD.
    Chuck it in a VM instead of Boot Camp?

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    Yep, I am testing mine as a guest (VM). Installing atm.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Hey Marc, will Ice TV work with Windows 7? or does it use the new TV Pack which I understand isn't currently compatible.
    It's very likely that it will.

A lot has changed and there's not much in the way of documentation to help us. It's a really, really high priority for IceTV to get it all working though.

I'm using it atm, and i love it.

Incredibly fast! It's the PERFECT VM, much better then my slimmed-down version of XP

Now, to try and coerce VMware to play nice with Aero! Pretty sure it's not possible.

EDIT: Yep it's not.. = /

The emulated video graphics card does not support the feature set required for Aero or other fancy eye candy graphics.
    Also some info for installing in VMware Fusion

When installing Windows 7, it is best to select the Windows Server 2008 setting when creating the virtual machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Huy View Post
    You could try using Disk Utility. Then Restore the image onto it. Make sure you're using the right file system.
    FAT32 Ok? Will that show up then when I hold alt at startup?

Not really interested in using a VM, besides I haven't got VMware or Parralells.

FAT32 Ok? Will that show up then when I hold alt at startup?

Not really interested in using a VM, besides I haven't got VMware or Parralells.
    Out of interest, why doesn't a VM interest you?

FYI: You can download 30-day trials of VMware.

Out of interest, why doesn't a VM interest you?
    Dunno, I mainly use Windows for games, so obviously that's a reason, but I just prefer running things natively without having to worry about any restrictions of a VM. That and I have no need to run two OSs at a time.

Dunno, I mainly use Windows for games, so obviously that's a reason, but I just prefer running things natively without having to worry about any restrictions of a VM. That and I have no need to run two OSs at a time.
    What sort of restrictions do you think there are (besides 3D graphics of course)?

Man this is really getting on my nerves, now if I try to restore the image to a drive it tells me it "could not validate source". What the hell does that mean??

What sort of restrictions do you think there are (besides 3D graphics of course)?
    Restriction was the wrong word, just performance, running two OSes, as far as I understand it,will just slow them both down, and If I'm only ever going to use one OS at a time, why not just run them natively.

Restriction was the wrong word, just performance, running two OSes, as far as I understand it,will just slow them both down, and If I'm only ever going to use one OS at a time, why not just run them natively.
    The way I see it..

Best of both worlds!

Why should you be LIMITED to one OS at a time? Much like one screen? Or one computer?

Im running it right now, and i must say... It's amazing it uses hardly ANY CPU on idle, and boot times are fast! However some programs don't work... yet! =P

I've installed 7 from the ISO image in the latest version of Parallels without any major hiccups. It allows me to install Tools Ok. Problem installing Windows Live extras. VM hangs after install completes. Haven't figured it out yet.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by iCarllovesapple View Post
    I've read a bit more of this thread. People are liking the MS OS. For Apple be begin selling more Macs, they are going to have to come up with a new amazing OS. There OS is very cool, but Microsoft (unfortunately) is catching up, quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillman View Post
    I've installed 7 from the ISO image in the latest version of Parallels without any major hiccups. It allows me to install Tools Ok. Problem installing Windows Live extras. VM hangs after install completes. Haven't figured it out yet.
    Someone mentioned the live messenger issue earlier. Has anyone got live messenger to run in bootcamp or vmware?
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Someone mentioned the live messenger issue earlier. Has anyone got live messenger to run in bootcamp or vmware?
    I have messenger running on Boot Camp, albeit on a slightly earlier build, 6956.
     iPod nano 8GB 3rd Gen - iPod touch 16GB - 20" Aluminum iMac 2.0 GHz - iPhone 3G 16GB White - 15" Unibody MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz - iPhone 3GS 16GB Black - iPad 16GB Wi-Fi - iPhone 4 32GB Black

I'm rather shocked to have found that it is as quick as people are saying. It totally doesn't feel like Vista did the first time, but more like a completely stripped version of XP.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by derekaw View Post
    I have Win7 beta running on Parallels 4, After I install MSN (Windows Live Messenger) it is no longer usable, totally freezes up had to go back to a snapshot so beware.

Was looking forward to voice or video with friends :-(
    I had the very same problem. Had to reinstall to get it back.

PS. the reason it did not install on anything before was the download was corrupted.
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
    I'm rather shocked to have found that it is as quick as people are saying. It totally doesn't feel like Vista did the first time, but more like a completely stripped version of XP.
    I am rather shocked too, as my first experience was by no means WOW. The guest has 2gb allocated to it for memory and it doesn't feel as great as people have suggested.

Guess I will play around a little more with it, still need to complete my x64 download.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast