Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

JB Hifi has 20% of all itunes cards tomorrow night between 6pm-9pm. Online and instores.

Seems Best Buy has also closed down overseas Credit Card and Paypal accounts. Thankfully having some friends heading stateside end of this week so will get them to load up on cards for me.

Wonder how long before Apple move to IP blocking of the store (though of course we can get around that)?
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

BigW have 2x$20 iTunes cards for $30. Can purchase them online as well which makes it easy.
    Something about Jimby.

Dick Smith have $50 iTunes cards for $40 (20% off). Valid 25 Sept - 8 Oct

Kmart have 2 x $30 iTunes cards for $50 (17% off). Valid 27 Sept - 3rd Oct
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Myer is currently doing 20% off - not sure for how long.

Grabbed $200 bucks worth. have been waitinga while, the discounts aren't as common as they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Monk View Post
    Myer is currently doing 20% off - not sure for how long.

Grabbed $200 bucks worth. have been waitinga while, the discounts aren't as common as they used to be.

That's funny, because BigW currently have 25% off (2x$20s for $30). One day only though, but also available online.

You can easily find current deals on cards via this link Gift Cards on Sale | Australia's #1 site for the best gift card promotions and sales

I purchased the $40 for $30 deal online from Big W as it's free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyling View Post
    That's funny, because BigW currently have 25% off (2x$20s for $30). One day only though, but also available online.
    Yeah, laughling my guts out.

Actually I can't work out how these stores do these deals without losing money unless they are subsidised by Apple, then Apple is losing money.

EX: I buy a $100 card for $80 ($75 if I didnt forget about another website). I use the credit to buy $100 worth of iTunes stuff that Apple pays a developer $70 for. That leaves $10 to split between Apple and the retail store (and we all know how apple doesn't like to share his lollies). I have even seen deals of up to 30% off which leaves nothing for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Monk View Post
    Yeah, laughling my guts out.

Actually I can't work out how these stores do these deals without losing money unless they are subsidised by Apple, then Apple is losing money.

EX: I buy a $100 card for $80 ($75 if I didnt forget about another website). I use the credit to buy $100 worth of iTunes stuff that Apple pays a developer $70 for. That leaves $10 to split between Apple and the retail store (and we all know how apple doesn't like to share his lollies). I have even seen deals of up to 30% off which leaves nothing for anyone.
    Sorry.

And if you knew about the actual profit margins on those cards, you'd be wondering even harder about why the retailers continue to offer these 20-25% off deals *they're purely loss leaders, to get customers into stores.

Remember the time Big W did that 50% offer? Man, that was absolutely crazy ...those were the days. Don't think I'll ever see a deal like that again, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyling View Post
    Remember the time Big W did that 50% offer? Man, that was absolutely crazy ...those were the days. Don't think I'll ever see a deal like that again, ever.
    I do remember that! I was going to say that in my last sentence "I have even seen deals of up to 30% off which leaves nothing for anyone." but wasn't sure if it was a figment of my imagination or a real long lost memory.

Harvey Norman have 20% off until 27 Jan 13

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24