Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

I've made the mistake of installing, then running MSN that came on the install CD of Office v.X. I don't want to use it, but every time I start up the machine, the Passport login screen comes up. Running 10.3.3 and Office v.X.

- Anyone know how to disable this from starting up?

Thanks

JB

Shouldn't there be an option in the preferences of MSN to disable logging on at start-up?

in the version that comes with 2004 - it's the first option in the preferences: a tick box saying "run this program when i start my computer"
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Possibly there are startup files in /Library/StartupItems that you can remove. Otherwise, in the System Preferences, in Accounts, look in the login options for your account to see if anything is launched that way too.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

That was it Currawong - thanks. It was listed as a startup program under the Accounts control panel (control panel? Yeah I'm still in OS 6.08 land here)

JB

Use a better program for MSN messenger if you have to use it. I have to use it because for some reason most Australian's think it's the only IM program available. Try http://amsn.sf.net for a decent IM program. I'm using it now.
    Note to self: Do not blame any of my actions on sock puppets, it only leads to trouble.

i used dmsn, hands down the best msn client for osx. it supports the msn6 protocol, which means you get custom avatars (arbitrary size&#33, custom emoticons, handwriting/drawing and a bunch of other things i've yet to see in any other msn client for osx.

http://www.dmsn.nl
    powerbooked