Davidashe, Exocet, thanks a lot. I've learned a lot from your posts.

I'm using the same USB ZTE Modem, but from a different ISP in the country I'm living (Central America). I also hate the ZTE Application and having Mac_SwapperDemon running all the time...

Using the info from your posts and some other info I gathered from the net, I prepared the following Applescript that I decided to share in case you wanna use it.

Open "Script Editor" (Applications/Utilities/AppleScript), paste this text, change the USB Names accordingly and Save as... (File Format: Application, NO Startup Screen):

-----
# Set the Volume Name as it appears in Finder
set myUSBVolume to "ZTE HSDPA USB Disk"

# Set the Network Service as it appears in System Preferences -> Network
set myUSBModem to "ZTEUSBModem"

tell application "Finder"
if exists disk myUSBVolume then
eject disk myUSBVolume
delay 15
end if
end tell

tell application "System Events"
tell network preferences
tell current location
set aPPPoEService to service myUSBModem
if exists aPPPoEService then
set isConnected to connected of current configuration of aPPPoEService
if isConnected then
disconnect aPPPoEService
else
connect aPPPoEService
end if
end if
end tell
end tell
end tell

----
You can completely kill Mac_SwapperDemon, the script will Eject / Unmount the USB Drive and after that it will stop behaving as "Removable Media" and start behaving as a USB Modem. (I'm not using any Micro SD card in it, so I don't need that functionality)

Note: some times you may see that the MODEM connects through a "Bluetooth" connection. I think this is due to the application from ZTE selects the network service by class (class 10, not sure) and not by name (ZTE USB MODEM).