Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default macbook cool pad base.

does anyone here use a cool pad for their macbook/pro?

i use my macbook mainly on the couch or it sits on the concrete floor or timber floor in-front of the tele.

but it seems to get fairly warm/hot if it sits on the arm of the couch.

have spotted this style of thing online but have no knowledge of how good or bad they are, targus make one i think too.

thanks dan.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The couch is a curved surface that conforms to the bottom of the laptop, so its likely that because it conforms, it doesn't allow proper ventilation for cooling because it takes up the spaces you would normally have under the laptop. Any flat surface (a tray) should resolve the issue.

MacBook/Pros are known to get very hot, especially under processor intensive tasks.

My Macbook gets pretty hot, around 75 degrees when its on my bed watching videos and doing complex CPU stuff. I'd like to invest in a cool pad or stand for it to sit on so this doesn't happen however I haven't done much research yet.
    [B]mail | twitter |

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

This would work for beds or couches. You could put it on your lap as well, but at least the microbeads mold to wherever you place the laptop.

LapDesk | Laptop Desk for Comfort and Stability when Working, Gaming or Surfing the Internet - LatestBuy Australia

i've been using one of these for a while, got two actually - one for me and one for the mrs...

Belkin : laptop@home : CushTop