Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

ğ Join the discussions, Register Now!

i got my 12" powerbook thismorning
    its SOOOOOOOOO cute and awww
    i think ima call it sparky, or minibeep

anyway...its in perfect condition, no dead pixels, the screen is really nice (you just have to go into system preferances and turn up the contrast in universal access, that makes the screen alot sharper and vivvid )

and the sound is alot better than i was expecting, the mini subwoofer in the middle does make all the difference, my titanium powerbook sounds like absolute crap compared to this!

anyway, im a happy boi

[/mainframe] - Metallic Monstrosity

Black Macbook (2.0ghz/ 2 Gigs / 80Gigs HD)
    iMac G5 (1.8/superdrive/512/BT kb&mouse)
    Titanium Powerbook 867mhz
    3rd gen iPod
    Silver iPod mini
    white 4g nano
    Airport express

Hey mainframe

It sound's very good how much was your's and what is the properties
    of the console.

cheers
    Applecollector and I , Are Hosting the next sydney appletalk meet in " August or September " It's the time around when the New System " OS X Leopard " come's out.

Maybe now you can change your sig :P

Thanks mainframe for the tip on better contrast. I got my 12 inch 2 days ago and it rocks. Now trying to decide what skin case to buy for it.

Originally posted by mainframe@May 7 2005, 10:04 PM
    i think ima call it sparky, or minibeep
    Please don't :P

Congrats though.
    I have no successful trades

I suggest everyone that aquires a new Mac with a LCD to calibrate the display. In my case it made a world of difference over what is was shipped with.
    System Preferences -> Displays -> Colour Tab -> Calibrate. Or in Tiger spotlight for calibrate and choose "Displays" under System Preferences.

Edited the thread title for clarity.

Congratulations on the new Powerbook! I'm sure you will have much fun with it.
    "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse'. There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
    John C. Dvorak in the San Francisco Examiner, February 1984

What is it with everyone getting 12" Powerbooks all of a sudden?! Its like they are in vogue.... and no one is seemigly saying "˙ay my 15/17 PB has arrived!!"

Damn you all for making me jealous! I'll (hopefully) have my 12 by weeks end (not having a supply hold up, rather a salary packaging delay&#33
    www: robv.net | twitter: @robvnet

thanks for that tip; i feel like my vision's improved after calibrating.

It's because 12 inches are small, and the owners need to tell people about them. Its like compensating for their small size.

People with 15 and 17 inches don't have that size problem.

Whoa! Don't go there my ill-informed friend......according to a reseller, there's been >500 orders for 12 inch PB's over the past 2 months. The 15inch on the other hand, can be had "today or in worse case scenario, within 3 days". If you like the "usual sized" notebooks good for you. For sheer portability which is what I wanted, 12inch is the way to go!

Originally posted by the_OM@May 7 2005, 10:51 PM
    It's because 12 inches are small, and the owners need to tell people about them. Its like compensating for their small size.

People with 15 and 17 inches don't have that size problem.
    Right... looks like someone's trying to stir their pot of shit
    www: robv.net | twitter: @robvnet

Originally posted by shtan72@May 7 2005, 11:45 PM
    Whoa! Don't go there my ill-informed friend......according to a reseller, there's been >500 orders for 12 inch PB's over the past 2 months. The 15inch on the other hand, can be had "today or in worse case scenario, within 3 days". If you like the "usual sized" notebooks good for you. For sheer portability which is what I wanted, 12inch is the way to go!
    Okay..... well it was more of a joke with sexual overtones. I'll put in a smiley face or something next time.

Heres a Tshirt to go with what the_OM said
    Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam

haha, id like to say congrats on your purchase! i was going for the 12" but there was none in stock at the time.. so i got a 15" ... anyway i dont suppose you could clarify a few things...

1. when you go to System Preferences > Sound > Output and move the balance over all the way to the left does it come out of the left only, and if you move it to the right all the way does it come out of both? because for me it does...

2. does the track-pad have issues with moving vertically? like it take me round 5 "sweeps" to get from top to bottom while going from side to side it takes 1 and a half....

3. does your battery even get past 3.5 hours? and did your battery come 3 quarters full?
    Just Chillin.

*looks at watch*... cant wait till monday to get my new pb 12" and 20" display... i can already smell the blissfulness...
    ---2Ghz C2D MacBook, 12" Powerbook 1.5Ghz, 20" Cinema Display, 30gb iPod, Bose Companion 3 , Time machine---
    Neon Media

Originally posted by invisible@May 11 2005, 12:42 PM
    *looks at watch*... cant wait till monday to get my new pb 12" and 20" display... i can already smell the blissfulness...
    Interesting concept... why are you going to for the 12" pb and the 20" display? Looks like it will cost you the same amount in $. Portability is an obvious +. But what about decreased performance? Can the two be used together easily?

Phillip- Where did you get that T-shirt?

Ah, but will you be selling the tiBook? Hrm? HRM? =P
    P A R T Y FUTURED I S C O/W O N K YBASS.