Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: new to mac

Default new to mac

Hi there,

Just joined up so I thought I'd say hi. Just bought a new MBP 3 weeks ago. My first mac, and I love it.

It was a bit daunting to start off with, coming from PC, but I soon got the hang of it.

I went to the apple store at Chadstone and was really happy with the service. They know their stuff and were really helpful.

I wanted a MBP as it has good graphics, has a firewire port for my canon XH A1, nice screen, and it's just a well built machine with the aluminium body. I like mucking around on garage band as well.

I mainly use it for internet browsing, the odd game, and video editing, and it handles all this really well. It's fast!

I like to use it outside (not in the sun) so I use the battery quite a bit. Really happy with the battery time.

I've been getting into Apple products for awhile. I first bought an Ipod classic, then an iPhone and now this mac.

Anyhow, that's my happy story!

Cheers,
    Tim

Welcome jetbrown. Glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Don't forget to check out the Switcher's FAQ if you haven't already.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

thanks currawong, will do.