Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Windows alternative to Visualhub

My sister is still living in the dark ages and uses Windows. She needs a program similar to VisualHub and AudilHub. Any recommendations? Cheers.

for converting avi to mp4 for iPod use videora. Horrendous interface but does the job.

I quite like Quick Media Converter, a freebie which can handle a lot of conversion tasks. It's based on FOSS but the developer's put a nice interface on it all, and asks if you like it and keep using it, he won't say no to a little PayPal donation

thank you.

What about paid programs? She needs it for work so her boss is prepared to pay for it.

The other main need is for video files to be made smaller in file size for the web.

Cheers and thanks again.

Then I suggest WinAVI. Nice interface, and each destination format you can specify bit-rates and image sizes. US$29.95. I've used this in the past and it does a pretty good job, but the final result can be improved by adding one of the free codec packs (such as Combined Community Codec Pack to Windows and using 3ivx or DivX instead of WinAVI's built-in codecs.

The 2 I use on my Vista box:

- AutoMen (for straight encodes)
    - AviDemux (if basic editing is required)

AMVapp
    ZarxGui

If her boss is serious.

I have used these for years, and use Crossover to run AMVapp on my main machine. ZarxGUI requires the .Net framework though, which Crossover/Wine does not have. :|
    iPhone 6S Rose Gold 642GB | iPhone 5C Pink 32GB | iPhone 4 White 32GB | MacBook Pro 2013 | Time Capsule 1TB |

WinFF. Open-source and runs through a GUI, but when conversions take place, the command line opens for the video conversion status.