Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default iTunes plugins/addons - clean up library

I don't know if such a thing exists - but is there an app that can go through your iTunes library and make sure songs are correctly tagged, have the correct year, are the full album (no tracks missing) and so on?

I just dumped about 100GB of music into iTunes and some of it is all over the place and I don't really want to manually tweak it all (though I may have to).

dupin may ... iv'e never used it but apparently it makes managing a huuuuge library easier so it may speed up your process ... but i dunno

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Dupin - iTunes Duplicates Manager - v1.4.2
    righto then

You could try TuneUp Media - Your Music's New Best Friend - it's in beta for OS X (TuneUp Media - Your Music's New Best Friend) but maybe some kind soul around here has an invite for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tcn33 View Post
    You could try TuneUp Media - Your Music's New Best Friend - it's in beta for OS X (TuneUp Media - Your Music's New Best Friend) but maybe some kind soul around here has an invite for you.
    If any kind soul does have an invite, can I put my hand up for one as well???

Pretty pretty please??
    Successful Trades: krazy1, Astr0b0y, soulman, areal, smdnetau, Huy, Alessiman, step_andy, tibook, mulquemi, BoxDog, Devski, The Keddi, decryption

,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    ``,,`,,` `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,

the only thing i dis like about itunes is that most of the time i have to re tag my music. i cant stand it all over the place and not having the correct details.

Quote Originally Posted by ashIV View Post
    the only thing i dis like about itunes is that most of the time i have to re tag my music. i cant stand it all over the place and not having the correct details.
    Improperly tagged MP3s are not iTunes' fault. It can only work with the information given.

Anything that uses MusicBrainz should help you out - for example, iEatBrainz works quite well on the occasion I've used it.
    MacBook Unibody 2.4GHz // iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) // iPad 2 64GB Wifi+3G
    twitter | lifestream | last.fm

TuneUp for OS X is now publicly available (requires an Intel Mac running Leopard).

TuneUp - Download

::delete::

double post (cat walked on my keyboard)
    Last edited by u98925; 22nd May 2009 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tcn33 View Post
    I purchased the Gold version of this yesterday and have set it to work on my 29109 track iTunes library and it is going well.

It has found many a track and album name from just about nothing along with changing the genre, track number and cover art etc.

The one complaint i do have is that it is very slow. I'm currently running a dual 2.66Ghz Mac Pro with 5Gb RAM. My iTunes library has a HD of its own along with a reasonably good net connection and it still seems to chug along. The load on each core averages at about 60% utilization when cleaning up songs....

Depending on what you throw at it it can take 5- 20 seconds to work out what needs to be modified for each track.

All up it is a good product and my iTunes library hasn't looked better.

Does TuneUp prompt you to approve re-tagging tracks?
    I'd like to give it a try, but I'm worried that it might incorrectly re-tag some things that I don't want re-tagged.
    Amstrad CPC 464 | MSX with built in tape player | Sony Walkman | Nintendo Gameboy

Sorry, I should've actually clicked the link.

"You have the option to review matches before you save your shiny, new ID3 tags or just hit the "Save All" button. "

I'll give it a go then!
    Amstrad CPC 464 | MSX with built in tape player | Sony Walkman | Nintendo Gameboy