Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New MacBook MB466x for $1,799

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone thinks I can do better then $1,799 for the MB466X ???

Standard config, nothing special.

Cheers, Chris.

Out of interest, where did you get the price of $1799 from?

That's a pretty good deal! Where did you get that from as RRP is $2099
     Mac Pro 2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB/3x1TB WD (Black) + 80GB Intel X-25M G2 |  24" LED Cinema Display |  MBP 13" 2.26GHz/4GB/120GB Intel X-25M SSD + 500GB (Optical Bay) |  Mac Mini 2.0GHz/4GB/320GB/256MB 9400M.

I would also like to hear how you can get it for $1799 out of interest.

buy it!

and of course share where'd you get that from

He found this price when searching through eBay.

(I warned him that for this price, it seems fairly "dodgy")

here?

probably call the contact number there and ask him why so cheap

the 2.4ghz model is going for 2299 from the same seller

well, just to remind that i bought mine from David jones. Look at my other thread. My macbook was faulty. I was lucky that i bought it from DJ and have them replace for a new macbook. I have consider buying from ebay but i going oversea in Dec so that i can claim the GST at the Airport. I end up paying abt $1900.

It said 12 months manufacturer warranty but i doubt that since they are not authorised Apple retailer. Goodluck if it is faulty.
    Macbook - 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    It said 12 months manufacturer warranty but i doubt that since they are not authorised Apple retailer. Goodluck if it is faulty.
    You are covered for 12 months warranty regardless of where you purchased it from.

If I bought the MacBook on eBay, I can still take it to an Apple Store for repairs/servicing.

DOA/returns/exchange is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Huy View Post
    You are covered for 12 months warranty regardless of where you purchased it from.

If I bought the MacBook on eBay, I can still take it to an Apple Store for repairs/servicing.

DOA/returns/exchange is another story.
    And if you'll actually get the item sent to you...
    eBay is not to be trusted for large purchases like this to save a couple of bucks.

I pinged the guy to see if he'd give me the serial # and if I can pick up. I wonder if it's brand new..
    Moo.

the seller seems genuine by the look ont he feedback though...anyone else have any feedback here? They seem to provide Tax Invoice as well.

looks too good to be true......
    Convert Your Favorite Movies Into iPad Using Click Here/Find out more - Download Free Trial. Convert iPhone Ringtone Using Aiseesoft.

It looks like it's worthy of more inspection. I've asked for the serial number and/or whether he'll let me pick it up (from Footscray.. guess I'll have to tighten my wheel nuts if I go out there) Also wanted to know if it's still sealed, what happens if it's DOA, and whether he can tell me why so cheap?

Here's antoher from a guy in Sydney, for $1900 (still cheaper than edu/EPP discount): NEW GENERATION APPLE MACBOOK MB466X/A RRP $2099 - eBay Other Apple Laptops, Laptops, Apple, Computers. (end time 10-Dec-08 00:52:55 AEDST)
    Moo.

Does seem too good to be true...but oh so very tempting

Quote Originally Posted by BoxDog View Post
    It looks like it's worthy of more inspection. I've asked for the serial number and/or whether he'll let me pick it up (from Footscray.. guess I'll have to tighten my wheel nuts if I go out there) Also wanted to know if it's still sealed, what happens if it's DOA, and whether he can tell me why so cheap?

Here's antoher from a guy in Sydney, for $1900 (still cheaper than edu/EPP discount): NEW GENERATION APPLE MACBOOK MB466X/A RRP $2099 - eBay Other Apple Laptops, Laptops, Apple, Computers. (end time 10-Dec-08 00:52:55 AEDST)
    Agree, I've checked with the seller to confirm on the Tax Invoice & delivery. The buy it now price I got from him is $2799 for 2.4Ghz MBP & $3690 for the 2.53Ghz model MBP.

Apparently I checked with one of the recent buyer to confirm about the Tax Invoice & it turns out to be genuine but the box isn't shrink wrapped anymore. Everything inside is new as claimed.

................Another investigation on the way..........
    Convert Your Favorite Movies Into iPad Using Click Here/Find out more - Download Free Trial. Convert iPhone Ringtone Using Aiseesoft.

This has got to be "grey" or "hot"... why else would an eBay seller based in Footscray be selling a brand new Macbook at below cost price?
    "The need is not for, say, half a million -inch drill bits. The need is that there are ten million -inch holes that need to be drilled." - Robert Noyce
    www.nickforge.com

Does accept Paypal.... and so far only one person has bought the $1799 Macbook Aluminium. There are quite a few for Auction and Buy It Now prices.... so I'd probably be more inclined to see how those go. The users only neg. feedback is from a PS3 sale where they were charged an extra $200 apparently.

I'm going overseas soon, so the extra 10% off that making it closer to $1650 after shipping makes it very appealing... but I'd wait it out.

i got a alu macbook that went for 1550 on my watch list a couple of weeks ago from a good seller,I should of bid
    also, this guy seems perfectly fine, check his feedback, loads of apple gear, just make sure you use paypal for extra cover.

Quote Originally Posted by hachoo View Post
    Does accept Paypal.... and so far only one person has bought the $1799 Macbook Aluminium. There are quite a few for Auction and Buy It Now prices.... so I'd probably be more inclined to see how those go. The users only neg. feedback is from a PS3 sale where they were charged an extra $200 apparently.

I'm going overseas soon, so the extra 10% off that making it closer to $1650 after shipping makes it very appealing... but I'd wait it out.
    how do you get the extra 10% off?

Quote Originally Posted by zigzagler View Post
    how do you get the extra 10% off?
    TRS GST as the Macbook i'm getting probably won't be coming back to Australia and thus subjected to possible GST tax on the way back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast