Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Join tables together in Pages '08

I have a table in Pages 08 and if there is too much content in one row then if skips on to the next page but i want it to stay together (if you get what I mean; you can see it by following the link to be mobileme gallery below)

You can have a look at what i mean visually by seeing a picture on my MobileMe gallery here: MobileMe Gallery

Does anyone know how to get to stay together (like a table does in word)??
    Macbook Air 80GB HDD,3 x iPhone 3G 16GB Black, iMac 24" 2.4GHz Alu iMac 3GB RAM 320Gb HDD, White Macbook 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 80GB HDD, AEBS, iPod 30GB 5G Black, White iPod Nano 4GB 1G, iPod Shuffle 512MB 1G

anyone???????????
    Macbook Air 80GB HDD,3 x iPhone 3G 16GB Black, iMac 24" 2.4GHz Alu iMac 3GB RAM 320Gb HDD, White Macbook 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 80GB HDD, AEBS, iPod 30GB 5G Black, White iPod Nano 4GB 1G, iPod Shuffle 512MB 1G

It doesn't look like it will fit?
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    ``,,`,,` `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,

I think I know what your referring to, but pages bumps the row (and all below it) that doesn't fit on the current page onto the next page, your rows are rather high, therefore you notice the free space more. Word (on the other hand) does the same thing but will cut a row in half (therefore sometimes messing up people's content).

Not entirely sure what the best thing to do to remove "free space" is, the table isn't "cut in half" it's just flowing onto the next page

Not to make you feel silly or anything, but the way i see it is;

Therefore pages has nothing else it can do except flow onto the next page.

Quote Originally Posted by something2sea View Post
    I think I know what your referring to, but pages bumps the row (and all below it) that doesn't fit on the current page onto the next page, your rows are rather high, therefore you notice the free space more. Word (on the other hand) does the same thing but will cut a row in half (therefore sometimes messing up people's content).

Not entirely sure what the best thing to do to remove "free space" is, the table isn't "cut in half" it's just flowing onto the next page

Not to make you feel silly or anything, but the way i see it is;

Therefore pages has nothing else it can do except flow onto the next page.
    Word lets the left column overflow. See another picture in my MobileMe gallery MobileMe

Anyway my solution is to type in pages and print with word

thanx for everyones help though really appreciate it