Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile [ask] how to get iphone 3G prepaid

hi guys... i want to ask here.. about how to get the iphone 3G which is prepaid in Australia?

please give me some solution... and where i can get ? i mean the place to buy.. like optus world store or apple store..

thanks a lot..

Optus or telstra would be your best bet, indonesia?
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    ``,,`,,` `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,

Quote Originally Posted by Piratbyran View Post
    but which store? because many of them are run out of stock for prepaid iphone.. please specify.. thanks

I got my 16 year old son a 3G iPhone pre paid from Telstra at Warriewood on the Northern Beaches,

Quote Originally Posted by Piratbyran View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barwang View Post
    I got my 16 year old son a 3G iPhone pre paid from Telstra at Warriewood on the Northern Beaches,
    thanks for info i'll try tomorrow..

Got mine from Optus, Malvern (SA).

still not found the iphone.. >.<

anyone could help me..? thanks...

Do you want to be a little more specific?

Given that your info says that you're from Indonesia and you've only asked for 'in Australia', it may be difficult for us to assess how best to help you.

So - where exactly in Australia are you looking for a prepaid iPhone? And are you a Telstra mobile customer already?

Quote Originally Posted by OziMac View Post
    Do you want to be a little more specific?

Given that your info says that you're from Indonesia and you've only asked for 'in Australia', it may be difficult for us to assess how best to help you.

So - where exactly in Australia are you looking for a prepaid iPhone? And are you a Telstra mobile customer already?
    hi there... yes.. i'm from indonesia... but i have my sister at melbourne.. and i have cousin at sydney.. but , i prefer to search the iphone at melbourne.. any info? where i can buy the iphone pre paid? thanks a lot...

i thought .. i want to buy iphone outright.. which pre paid or else... but at reasonable price.. can be unlock.. and can be use for any networks...

anyone could help me..? thanks..

dick smith should sell them prepaid but locked on vodafone, or have you tried the apple store??

Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    dick smith should sell them prepaid but locked on vodafone, or have you tried the apple store??
    sorry.. who's dick smith?? i already tried the apple store.. and they said that not selling the iphone outright or prepaid..

Quote Originally Posted by holynitro2009 View Post
    sorry.. who's dick smith?? i already tried the apple store.. and they said that not selling the iphone outright or prepaid..
    the brains behind the famous matches "Dickheads" and inventor of Microsoft

dick smith is a retailer here in Australia, they have stores in both Sydney and Melbourne, also JB-Hifi should sell them prepaid on telstra with the option to unlock too

Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    dick smith is a retailer here in Australia, they have stores in both Sydney and Melbourne, also JB-Hifi should sell them prepaid on telstra with the option to unlock too
    what the name of the stores? and where? i've already check on JB-Hifi but the price was so high! not reasonable price i thought.

i got mine from jb-hifi for $900 for the 16gb. its locked to telstra, thus i have to shell out an extra $150 to get it unlocked.

is it still $900 now? just for your information, the outright price for a 16gb is around $850.. and as far as i know, they are just going to sell outright iphones til theyre out of stock. CMIIW.

or you could always ask your cousin/sister to get you the optus 12 months plan, as there is no unlocking fee for phones that are on contract.

Get your cousin in Sydney to go to the Telstra Shop at Rhodes. They have both capacities in either black or white. 16GB is $847 outright (but locked to Telstra of course).

If you're desperate you can try eBay and watch for dodgy sellers.

Or try the Optus store on the corner of Collins and Elizabeth at in Melbourne CBD. It's about $840 for the 16 gb + another $80 credit top up to qualify for the unlock. This is a prepaid iPhone.

hi all.. thanks for the support.. i'll try .. because i'm little bit busy hehe.. i'll get you more info after i try.. regards..

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    i got mine from jb-hifi for $900 for the 16gb. its locked to telstra, thus i have to shell out an extra $150 to get it unlocked.

is it still $900 now? just for your information, the outright price for a 16gb is around $850.. and as far as i know, they are just going to sell outright iphones til theyre out of stock. CMIIW.

or you could always ask your cousin/sister to get you the optus 12 months plan, as there is no unlocking fee for phones that are on contract.
    Hi there.. thanks for the response.. in JB Hifi i asked around AUD 1100 - 1200 .. include the unlock with telstra.. that so expensive right? hehe.. i'll lookin at 800 to 900 include the unlock.. thanks for info anyway..

Does anybody knows where i can buy a prepaid iphone3g in the area of cairns? i thought it isnt possible to buy one as prepaid... and unlock it.
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast