Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We have all seen the thread 'Post Your Desktop' well I am going to go one step further and post my Dashboard.

-Andrew

This is an email virus for Mac OS X. It works on the honor system. Please start deleting random files on your system and forward this message to everyone in your address book.

why not. here's mine.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

lol, i think the bulk of us will have the exact same look at the moment...... but give this a few months and im sure we will see some decent variation. Oh and Hi Fellow shire person....

But attached

*edit one sec*

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

Here's mine. Stickies on dashboard actually makes them useful! Click to enlarge etc etc.

Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

well here's mine. Love the TV guide iSlayer.. Top Job

Notice New Zealand does not get a mention in the clock. Wellington is found in
    the Pacific :P
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam

darknight84 Guest

that is just awesome to see, the only thing close to that is konfabulator onmy windows machine which sucks big time compared to dashboard!

Soap Guest

i dont see what the fuss is about, Knofab does it 4 me, weather and a to do list. Oh goodness me they dont ripple. & they take up about 1% of my desktop. If thats all Tiger has to offer i&#39;m glad mine still sits in a box, waiting for the patches & updates to get rid of some of the bugs....that is B4 they bug me. <_<

Here&#39;s mine on my iBook. Havn&#39;t installed Tiger on my iMac cause i&#39;m testing all programs I need on my iBook.

@mac_man_luke

just wondering hows the machine perform with all those widgets loaded ? Not wanted to compare with Konfab (as it&#39;s a slightly different beast), but Konfab us to be pretty resource hungry with lots of widgets.
    I code, I eat and I'm hungry for more.

I love the dashboard, kudos to apple&#33;

Originally posted by sikosis@May 4 2005, 11:35 AM
    @mac_man_luke

just wondering hows the machine perform with all those widgets loaded ? Not wanted to compare with Konfab (as it&#39;s a slightly different beast), but Konfab us to be pretty resource hungry with lots of widgets.
    I noticed that bringing the dashboard to the front increased CPU from approx 20% to 50% (1.8 GHz iMac G5).

Seemed pointless then, to have a CPU usage widget running, &#39;cause it would always show higher than usual CPU activity.

Hey on another note, whenever I restart, my custom widgets dissappear. Is this meant to happen?

Where can I get the BOM Radar one, featured in Michael Barnard&#39;s screenie? That looks awesome.
    1.0Ghz 15" TiBook, MBP 13" 2.4/4/256, MBA 13" 2013 1.7/8/128 SSD, 1st Gen 5GB iPod (mint condition), 2nd Gen 10GB iPod, iPod video, nano and shuffle, iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

My dashboard is located at my site, wwww.applecollector.com it&#39;s at the bottom of the page&#33;

It&#39;s too big for me to post here.
    Thankyou
    My Macs: MacBook Pro 17", Powerbook Ti 867Mhz, Powermac 5500 Black, iBook G3 900Mhz, Powermac MDD, Powermac 8600 250Mhz, Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz Mac Mini, iMac G4 17" 1Ghz, eMac 1Ghz, eMac 800Mhz,
    AppleCollector Sales Service/Sales/Support/Trade In's

wikipedia widget&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i want&#33;&#33;&#33;

lol its on the apple site... or just use google search "wikipedia widget" done
    Just Chillin.

Updated Dashboard

iSlayer, one request:
    Can we get HardStat and SysStat built into each other. It is getting to me that you have one great widget and one that does only one thing. Lets see this in the next revision.

-Andrew

This is an email virus for Mac OS X. It works on the honor system. Please start deleting random files on your system and forward this message to everyone in your address book.

the spargo Dashboard, proudly managed by Mrs spargo:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast