Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Naked ADSL2 with exetel...

Hi,

I would like to upgrade from my current broadband plan with exetel (1.5mbps) and get there Naked ADSL2 service w/out having to terminate our current phone line with Telstra, that is keep our current service but add the Naked ADSL2... Is this possible?

Thanks for any help...

(and sorry if this is in the wrong place)
    _-Hul@nds-_ Ltd. White MacBook 2.0Ghz 4Gb Ram. iPod 160Gb Black. iPhone 16Gb White. 24inch iMac Aluminium. iPod 30Gb Gen5 White.

You'll have to call them and ask. Generally though, if the ADSL2 they provide is through a telstra exchange, you keep your Telstra line, they just have to move the copper pair to the Exetel DSLAM.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

If you're current service with telstra is just your phone, you can transfer the numbers you currently have to a voip service, i've done it with iinet, and nothing changed, except that the telstra bills stopped coming.
    .. in the 5th year of my 3 year degree.

Thanks for the help... hope your having fun with iinet they give my cousin hell...
    _-Hul@nds-_ Ltd. White MacBook 2.0Ghz 4Gb Ram. iPod 160Gb Black. iPhone 16Gb White. 24inch iMac Aluminium. iPod 30Gb Gen5 White.