Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

So event happens at 4AM Melbourne time. As usual other states can do their own math

Credit Card on Standby... in fact my St George card automatically adds a year of warranty! Hurrah!

Well, I'm actually going to stay up for this.

Unlike the past one, I have a vested interest in this.
    I am the tech savvy at-risk youth.

finally finally
    MBP 2.4g 4g 128g
    nano gggggg 8g
    http://technewsonnet.com/

Damn.. I just had my 12" Powerbook replaced after we got broken into and it was stolen.. Oh well, the 2.4Ghz MacBook is pretty nice anyway

Excellent!
    It's my birthday today and I know what I'm getting - in addition to the tie and steak knives from the wife and kids :-) - It is all a matter of when!
    I'm a lucky guy ... my i7 iMac is awesome

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hmmm...maybe is it too early to upgrade a 1yr old macbook? Nahhh, its never too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Galumay View Post
    so the ally MB finally arrived! It will be nice to have another event in the daytime(here in Italy)
    it's good eh. i miss not having to get up.

But what will the prices be with the current worldwide financial crisis?
    President (and only member) of the Hockey Puck and Mighty Mouse Appreciation Society

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't hold an event to update just the MacBooks. Remember it says the spotlight turns to notebooks not the spotlight turns to a notebook.
    Alu MacBook 2.4GHZ | iPhone 4 32GB (Telstra) | iPod Classic 80GB (1G)

Quote Originally Posted by stevejay View Post
    Don't apologise, I'm with you. I know we need to get over it and get on with life, but the PPC is sadly missed. (I will weep when my iBook finally dies )
    My PowerBook will have just lived out its 3 year AppleCare when this happens. And boy will it be tempting! I too plan to stay up for this, or at least wake up early in the morning - actually I wonder how hard it would be to avoid all tech news and simply wait for the event to be posted on itunes (it worked for the iPhone introduction!)
    2005 15" PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz (1st Mac purchased on the day iTunes AU opened!); 2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro (16GB RAM; Nvidia 750M); iPad 3rd Gen 64GB w/ cellular

So now the big question is, will they be available to order once the shop comes back up after it's obligatory event downtime, or will we have to wait? I'm assuming on past events the answer is probably yes, with the exception of the iphone which was a "special" case.

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't hold an event to update just the MacBooks. Remember it says the spotlight turns to notebooks not the spotlight turns to a notebook.
    So the Macbook, Macbook Pro and the Macbook Air.

I'm pretty sure that's more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    So now the big question is, will they be available to order once the shop comes back up after it's obligatory event downtime, or will we have to wait? I'm assuming on past events the answer is probably yes, with the exception of the iphone which was a "special" case.
    Well the rumor threads were rife with people saying they've been shipped, so there's a good chance the US will have them same day in their NY and SF stores, Australia might, might take order late in the week, or early the following.

Quote Originally Posted by stevejay View Post
    but the PPC is sadly missed.
    Really? I certainly don't miss it. As much as I loved my 12" PB, since Intel came onboard, I haven't looked back!

Bring on the Alu 13" Macbooks - what the naysayers said would never happen!

Yeap Ill be looking forward to the Wednesday posts of, Que. comic book guy " That was the worst announcement ever"

the event on 14.10 cupertino time - 15.10 here is Aus - will introduce an all-new line of notebooks.
    this has been speculated for months by the rumors & clarified by various reliable sources.

it will consist of MacBooks, MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs all in time for the big buying season shortly to begin around the world despite the economic 'crisis-what-crisis?'

there will be an overall rrp reduction in sync with Apple exec's own pronouncements.

the waiting is almost over, as is the speculation and the detail will be revealed on aforesaid day.

with the last 3 out of 4 releases of MacBooks/Pros, I have ordered mine on the morning of release to the Apple Aus Store and have received each the following day in regional NSW.
    I expect this release to be no different.
    The only exception was the time I bought a Pro and had to wait 5 working days before receiving delivery.

Many Pro users are cashed up and awaiting a long long overdue update to what is still the most elegant and powerful notebook going around.
    If there is a few extra days wait between announcement and delivery - c'est la vie.
    I intend to live forever - so far, so good

I had a flex day booked for the Friday of this week... might have to cancel it so I can get it delivered to me at work. Though if I can order it Wednesday, I might have it Thursday! Yowsa!!!

Poor MacMini. I hope that box has a future or a significant price drop!
    2005 15" PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz (1st Mac purchased on the day iTunes AU opened!); 2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro (16GB RAM; Nvidia 750M); iPad 3rd Gen 64GB w/ cellular

Quote Originally Posted by halledise View Post
    ...there will be an overall rrp reduction in sync with Apple exec's own pronouncements...
    Yeah but with the Aussie dollar the way it is, any discount is likely to be swallowed up for us I'm guessing.

Does anyone else think the title of this event sounds like someone in the accounting department thought it up?

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast