Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I liek the way the iphones are going as they show the product,what i can do and how easy it is to do it.I think the first princible of advertiing is "KISS",the second is promote you'r product not anybody elses.
    Late 2013 iMac . Late 2009 MacBook and a modded 500 GB Time Capsule. 5G iPhone . I have a big hairy pussy called Muffin.

I'm most definitely a Mac, but I'm no Justin Longman. I'm fat, of average intelligence and have no fashion sense. In complete contrast with this, I'm decked out with the most insanely cool equipment: MacBook Air, iPhone, Nano, etc. Apple probably cringes when they see people like me with the sleekest of their gadgets.

I don't get it. The Mac ads to me didn't represent people, but the experience of using their respective products. Is the problem with Vista really that PC users have been negatively stereotyped in the media? Were these PC-using people so cool that the viewers will want to be like them? To me it felt like a public awareness campaign for sufferers of a disease, who can, nevertheless, live a normal life and shouldn't be stereotyped for it.

Tragedies's Avatar Tragedies is offline I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

I'm a PC. And I turn number two into energy.

Best 300 million spent xD

Pretty good ad. The beard line made me giggle. It was hardly a huge stab at apple.

I love my MBP and OS X. But I'm still running XP in a VM at this very moment because OS X DOESN'T do everything Windows can do; that I need it to.

 iMac revA 233mhz. iBook (clamshell). iPod Photo. MacBookPro. Mac mini. iPad. iPhone 4S 
    "It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy" - SPJ

They need to be showing us why Windows doesn't suck, not just that that lots of people use Windows.

Lots of people smoke, but that doesn't mean its good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
    Pretty good ad. The beard line made me giggle. It was hardly a huge stab at apple.

I love my MBP and OS X. But I'm still running XP in a VM at this very moment because OS X DOESN'T do everything Windows can do; that I need it to.
    Agreed. Same here.

Finally nice to see Microsoft growing a set of balls
     Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 4gb ram 15" & 32" LCD TV  Iphone 3G 16gb White (jailbroken)  Nike+ & Black iPod Nano 16gb G5 
    TwitterFacebook  Black ASUS EEE 1000H 2gb 

Quote Originally Posted by coljac View Post
    I don't get it. The Mac ads to me didn't represent people, but the experience of using their respective products. Is the problem with Vista really that PC users have been negatively stereotyped in the media? Were these PC-using people so cool that the viewers will want to be like them? To me it felt like a public awareness campaign for sufferers of a disease, who can, nevertheless, live a normal life and shouldn't be stereotyped for it.
    No I think the current mac ads are very much about stereo typing users - how viewers feel about that is not as important as the perception the ads portray, pc users are dowdy, square, uncool, difficult, stuck in their ways, can't dress stylishly, mac users are relaxed, easy going types who are happy go lucky, tolerant and friendly.

This of course supposedly represents the strengths and weaknesses of the different operating systems without showing any software or computer screens.

In a very Yoda like way advertising like this is all about selling the invisible, it's not always about what your eyes see it's what your brain is interpreting which can often be slightly different and we often don't consciously realise it at the time...
    Bennettnz
    Macbook Pro 13"/Mac Pro 2.66ghz quad/imac 24" x 3/iMac 21"/iMac 17"/G5 1.8 ghz/eMac 1.25ghz/Apple TV/iPad/iPhone... iDebt massive - (thanks Steve!)

Eagerly awaits the spoof of this new Advert.

It has to happen, counts down the days!

give me back the seinfeld ones.. at least they made me laugh...
    Kuma's Tales now on Tumblr

Microsoft have missed the entire point of the advertisement and have only focused on the personal aspect... a PC IS a good thing as long as it is not running Windows.
    Suffering another bout of Apple Anticipation Anxiety syndrome... but doesn't everyone?

Just a three figure post count punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    give me back the seinfeld ones.. at least they made me laugh...
    You're right, although I didn't like the first one at all. Jerry seemed stilted. I found the second one quite funny, but it didn't feel like an ad. It seemed more like a longish sketch. I thought they meshed better on the second one than the first. I could watch the second one again, purely as entertainment.

THE BEST BIT.....

its taken 4 years for Microsoft to copy Apple... once again LOL !
    visit my blog.......
    Follow my twitter at http://twitter.com/normandy_sr2
    Follow my PING @ Normandy SR2

The last guy announcing, "I'm a PC and I catch fish" reminds me of those, I FISH AND I VOTE or I SHOOT AND I VOTE bumper stickers you see on the back of utes with extra wide truck mudflaps and enough spotlights to be seen from space. Usually these stickers are placed next to other stickers for VB, Bundeberg Rum and other such alcoholic beverages.

These are not usually the type of consumer high tech companies want their products to be associated with. And that's what this ad seems to be saying, "I'm a PC and I'm the lower class majority" or in other words, We are the great unwashed. We are the people who influence governments, TV and radio stations, car manufacturers and the reason denim and flannelet shirts will always be sold in stores.

Well, Microsoft, I'm sure Apple won't mind you building them another pedestal for them to stand on.

MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) 4GB RAM | 30" Cinema Display | Seagate FreeAgent 500GB + drobo 1.0TB | AppleTV 40GB | iPhone 16GB

"I'm a PC and I'm scared "
    priceless
     iMac revA 233mhz. iBook (clamshell). iPod Photo. MacBookPro. Mac mini. iPad. iPhone 4S 
    "It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy" - SPJ

That ad isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. I smiled a couple of times.

Does anyone else find the slogan ridiculous though? Wouldn't a "life without walls" make windows unnecessary? :P

"I'm a PC. And I regret every living moment."
    2005 15" PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz (1st Mac purchased on the day iTunes AU opened!); 2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro (16GB RAM; Nvidia 750M); iPad 3rd Gen 64GB w/ cellular

Quote Originally Posted by gikku View Post
    "I'm a PC and I'm scared "
    priceless
    I liked that too. That slipped past the keeper.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast