Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

hi guys,

As some of you may know, OSX natively and naturally supports display and input of foreign languages - Japanese for example.

I have a friend who is running OS9, and he'd like to be able to at least read Japanese characters on his system. Upgrading to OSX is not an option.

I briefly looked on my system, with 9.1 on a spare HDD, but couldn't work it out. I thought maybe full updates would help, but one failed and it won't boot to 9.2.1 - lol, so I gave up (this was last week).

I also saw something about a Language Pack on the website (Apple support) but it made no indication as to how to download or order it.

Does anyone know?? Cheers,
    Tom
    I'd rather be posting from an Apple //c

When installing the OS/ update you can choose to customise the install, and install a language kit (by default none are selected). Select your desired language(s) and install. To toggle languages Apple key & Space bar (or select from drop down menu at top right of screen (see little flag looking thingy).
    Successful trades with: the apple store, macmick, moto51, kim jong il, rayd, devil, bjpoad, mwot, p53, HDriveKilla, FBTN, mickbee, prince, Harry Pearce, palais, areal, matthew858, Goodbye, Devil rolla, todned, macmine, imacattack and BoxDog.