Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Yeah very occasionally the iPod+HP mini's pop up on ebay US. Only ever seen silver 2G ones though. I'll probably try and resist going down that path haha.

It's a shame they didn't make the iPod+HP's in HP Blue in the end.

Hopefully I can chime in this thread in 10 years with some cool stuff

Until then I'm stuck with my boring current-gen stuff :P
    :P

That's an interesting thing actually. Can anyone see the iPhone 4, such a mass produced device (there are more iPhone 4s than a single Android device) being a collectable within the next 50 years even?

20-30 years ago computers and similar were not as mass produced; they were more expensive so people bought them less. We have to buy new computers every 3 years, these things are mass produced (all apple products these days), that with the exception of computers like the 13" Unibody MacBook where only one model was ever made, I just can't see them being collectables. Well maybe in 200 years or so.
    Yagan Kiely
    Website || IMSLP || Pirate Party Australia
     2008 MacBook Pro 15" — 2010 MacBook Air 13" — iPhone 4 (32gb) — iPad 3G 64gb— etc.

There's a very good chance that they will end up as collectibles...while they are made in the millions, in 10 - 20 years time a lot of them will most likely either be in landfill, or have been recycled, which will drive up the price of the few left that are working and in good condition. (assuming that there is a market for them)
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

MISC trinkets:

Quote Originally Posted by macman142 View Post
    MISC trinkets:

Very nice looking collection. It is funny when you see what someone else has, you find all the holes in your own collection.
    Something about Jimby.

More trinket collection pics are required in this thread!

MISC trinkets:

dude, your collection looks like an apple store or something! lol!

Found a bunch of these stickers in some boxes my boss was throwing out of 1994 apple keyboards, powermac boxes etc etc.

• Mac Mini 2.0ghz Intel 4GB ram (apple wireless keyboard/magic mouse) • DroBo V2 • Macbook PRO 2.33ghz Intel 3GB ram + 60GB SSD • Imac G4 13inch 1.0ghz 1.25GB ram • iPad 2 16GB Wifi • AppleTV Gen2 • iPhone 4 16GB • iPhone 4S 16GB

Cool stickers, got any spares of the old coloured ones?

I've put my iPod collection into a display unit. Probably not going to keep them here though.

That's pretty macman So do you pipe the sound through that elegant looking Mac at the top of the shelving?

Was going through my cupboard and found my new in box iPod nano display from 2007.

Perspex iPod nano advertising

Bottom showing dock connectors.

I forgot that I had this. Came in an apple box that says Marcom approved advertising material.
    It weighs over a kilogram. I thought the iPods were just plastic, but they appear to be real cases. When looking at them from the bottom they have dock connectors. I'm assuming that their simply shells with the electronics removed.
    From memory it cost $50.
    Last edited by leon; 9th October 2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Something about Jimby.

That's flippin awesome. I'd have given $50 for that any day of the week. Nicely scored there! Put it somewhere cool in your house, keep it out of that box :P

That's flippin awesome. I'd have given $50 for that any day of the week. Nicely scored there! Put it somewhere cool in your house, keep it out of that box :P
    Just nowhere to really store anything where our rampaging one year old wont destroy it.

You might like these "gifts" from Apple. A set of 1980's computer cleaning wipes. Never seen another set like it. I recall these only cost 99c off eBay about 2008. Shipping from USA cost 15x that.

Apple computer wipes 80's | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by leon; 9th October 2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Something about Jimby.

you have no idea how much I want that... AND your mouse...

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    You might like these "gifts" from Apple. A set of 1980's computer cleaning wipes. Never seen another set like it. I recall these only cost 99c off eBay about 2008. Shipping from USA cost 15x that.

Apple computer wipes 80's | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Finally, a product that might just change your relationship with your computer
    From all of us at Apple
    Computer wipes? Sure they're not franggas...?
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmichobo View Post
    Computer wipes? Sure they're not franggas...?
    In all the years of ownership, I've never once thought of that and I have a very dirty mind and sense of humour. Now all I can see is that someone at Apple must have been taking the piss a little bit as they do seem like condoms.
    Something about Jimby.

you have no idea how much I want that... AND your mouse...
    Sadly these will be 2 things that I will probably never sell. I'd also have no idea of what the true value of the wipes would be. I obtained them from a collector in the USA that had all sorts weird and wonderful Apple related paraphernalia. At the time I had just gotten married and was completely flat broke. He had all sorts of rare posters and weird things like these wipes all in pristine condition. They seemed to fly under the radar and most were either passed in or sold for 99c to $10. Also they were all quite cheap, postage from the USA was the killer. In hindsight I'm kicking myself for not grabbing everything as since Steve passed away, similar collectables from the 80's have skyrocketed in price and are no longer affordable.

The mouse was a very recent bargain. US$45 which at the time ended up being AUD$40. I've been looking for one for 5 years and was surprised to win the auction. I had bid US$100 as they seemed to be selling for that price, but it seemed like this one went under the radar. I did get worried as Retromaccast featured the mouse on their eBay finds of the week. That seemed to cause a small peak in bidding, but the auction ended at 2:00am USA time, so I think everyone was asleep.
    Something about Jimby.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8